Highlighted
wizza2003
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 15, 2019

NCH 700 phone ringtone volume VERY loud

First time today while listening to a quiet podcast from my paired iPad I happened to received a phone call on my paired iPhone.  The ringtone from the phone was so loud in the headphones it hurt my ears. I couldn’t get the headphones off quick enough.

this is not just annoying it is dangerous for hearing damage - yes it was that loud

i have not been able to find any way of adjusting the volume of the ringtone in the headphone.

Mr Bose please do something about this

8 REPLIES 8

Re: NCH 700 phone ringtone volume VERY loud

Hi @wizza2003,

Thank you for taking the time to post in the Community.

I'm sorry to hear of the experience you had regarding the ringing tone playing at a discomforting volume through your headphones, I can completely understand your frustration regarding that.

It seems you've already checked for ways to decrease the volume of the ringtone when using the headphones - what device are you using?

Warm regards,

Sam - Community Support

wizza2003
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 15, 2019

Hi Sam 
I tried replying to your email but the address was rejected by the server.

to answer your question.   

I’m using an iPhone 6 and a 6th generation iPad.
Both are paired with my new NCH 700 headphones
I tried setting the volume down low on the phone ringtone. When I’m testing the setting in the iPhone the volume in the headphones is correspondingly low (actually very low) however when I receive a call the ringtone comes through the headphone at what must be its maximum possible volume. 
Firmware 1.2.11
Regards

Sent from my iPad

Hi wizza2003,

The email you received was likely the notification email form the forum, to let you know there had been a reply to your post, rather than one to respond to directly. I do apologize for any confusion around that.

As for the headphones, thank you for providing us with that extra information. On your iPhone have you adjusted the volume of the ringtone int he phones settings, while the headphones are connected? 

To do this you would need to open your settings on the iPhone and select 'Sounds and Haptics' The page should look like this:

MicrosoftTeams-image (1).png

Then you should see a volume control for the ringtone itself. If that is currently set high we would need to reduce the volume there. If we can do this while we have the headphones connected, then it will show us what level that is set to while they are connected. Some phones will change settings like these with certain devices connected.

MicrosoftTeams-image.png

Let us know how you get on with this.

Kind Regards

Keith L 

wizza2003
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 15, 2019

Hi Keith

Yes I set the ringtone & volume in settings / sounds / ringtone to 50%. 

With the headphones on I can hear the setting changes as I make them on the phone. Volume is much the same as the podcast playing from my iPad. I.e. relatively soft. In fact, even if I set the ringtone volume to 100% it is still quite reasonable and I cannot simulate the extremely (painfully) loud ringtone I hear when I receive a call.

Regards 

Hey wizza2003, 

Thank you for posting and updating us on this! Sorry to read that the adjustments did not resolve this issue for you. 

Does the issue happen only when you are connected to two devices or both? Also, do you have any other devices that you can test to see if a similar issue occurs? 

Let's try and reset the headphones to see if this makes any changes to the headphones, please follow these steps below: 

• Disconnect all cables from your headphones
  • Connect the larger end of the USB charging cable to a wall charger or a computer that is powered on
  • On the headphones, press and hold the Power/Bluetooth button while connecting the smaller end of the USB cable to the right earcup. The Power LED should quickly blink twice
  • Once connected, release the Power/Bluetooth button after two seconds.

Please do update us on the result of these steps and if any other users are having this issue please do let us know. 

Kind regards, 

Hector B 

wizza2003
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 15, 2019

Hi

yes the. Problem still happens when only the iPhone is connected. (iPad powered off just to be certain) And no, resetting the headphones didn’t make any difference. 
regards

peter

Hello wizza2003, 

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

That is very unusual. 

Have you tried setting the phone to Do Not Disturb mode to see if this helps? Additionally, have you tried pairing to any other smartphones to see if the same issue occurs? 

Kind regards,

Jeff G

wizza2003
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 15, 2019

Hi Jeff 

i tried connecting to my windows 10 pc and iPhone 6. 

Works as it should. Listening to music from pc and when phone receives a call the ring tone comes from the headphones at the same volume as the music. 

Regards

peter