Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 24, 2019

NCH 700 v 91.0.9 - Display Unit

Hi,

I recently bought the Bose 700 but I am having a lot of charging issues and other small bugs. I was hoping an update can help but if I go to the Bose Music App -> Settings -> Technical Info

It says "Your product is up to date; Firmware Version 91.0.9.35.9ca16c3"

I then tried going to https://btu.bose.com

And it does recognized the headphones when they are connected but it says 

Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones 700 

Your product is up-to-date. If you’d like to update a different product, connect it to your computer. If you’re done, you can disconnect your product and quit the app.
 Version 91.0.9

Initial release.

What can I do to update these??

According to this:

https://community.bose.com/t5/Around-On-Ear-Headphones/Noise-Cancelling-Headphones-700-firmware-upda...

The latest software should be 1.2.11

I'm using windows and trying with chrome and edge. Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Manager

RE: NCH 700 Version 91.0.9 - Display Unit

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Community_Admin

Hello Hydr,

Thanks for providing that additional information. 

It appears you have purchased an ex-display unit, which is a product that is not intended for sale. As such, you will be unable to update the firmware for the product.

We're sorry that we're unable to be of any additional assistance to you regarding this. Should you require support with your product, we encourage you to reach out to your original point of purchase to discuss this further. 

Kindest,

Andy B

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 11, 2019

Bose 700 headphone additional screw

I have just got a set of Bose 700 headphones and they have an additional screw on the side which is not apparent on any other images. Anyone know what this is? Just above the USB-C charging port. 

Mikeimage1.jpeg

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Oct 7, 2019

Re: Bose 700 headphone additional screw

Did you buy it used or open box? That isn't normal. The silver one I had and the soapstone one I just got don't have a random screw there. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 11, 2019

Re: Bose 700 headphone additional screw

I think it's a demo unit.

Highlighted

Hi b700wuc, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Bose Community. I am deeply sorry to hear that you are experiencing some strange issues with your headphones and would love to assist you further. 

In regards to the new 1.2.11 update this is rolled out over 48 hours so no need to worry if you aren't immediately able to update your headphones. Please allow this amount of time and then attempt to update the headphones. For now, I would like to recommend that you perform a reset on the headphones by: 

• Disconnect all cables from the headphones
  • Connect one end of the USB cable to a USB-A wall charger or computer that is powered on
  • Press and hold the Power/Bluetooth® button while connecting the small end of the USB cable into the USB-C port on the right earcup
  • Release the Power/Bluetooth button after 2 seconds

As well as charging the headphones via another outlet to ensure that this isn't the reason for your charging issues. If you are still experiencing these issues after the update and the reset then please do let us know via this thread. 

If any other users are also having this update issue then please read the post above and allow 48 hours for this update to reach the headphones. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Bose Customer Support 

Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 24, 2019

I tried that procedure since it is posted in a lot of other threads but it didn't help at all.

I also already tried 4 different cables and 4 different power sources and still have the same charging issues.

I don't think my version 90.0.9 is the one previous to 1.2.11, is it?

Highlighted

Hi b700wuc, 

Thanks for posting and updating me on this. I am sorry to hear that your issue still persists. 

Can you please attach an image of where you see 90.0? As this isn't a software version that I am aware of? The only software versions that are available for these headphones are 1.0.9, 1.1.4 and 1.2.11. 

I look forward to hearing back from you in regards to this. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 24, 2019

That's what I thought, it seems really weird that the updater gives me that message and the app shows the same.

I also tried to contact support and it told me my serial number shown in the Bose Music app was invalid, yet it shows the correct model name.

Please see the pictures showing the firmware version here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yngyhyjm7ipgjlh/20191024_122309.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/anq6kznw7878vol/20191024_122414.jpg?dl=0

Can I send you via private message with the pictures with the serial number uncensored?

EDIT: Here is what it shows at http://btu.bose.com/:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2ylj77holjh2epx/20191024_125409.jpg?dl=0

Thank you!

Highlighted

Hello b700wuc, 

Thanks for this information, we would love to look into this a bit further with you via direct message. We shall reach out to you shortly.

We look forward to hearing from you. 

Kind regards,

Tegan M 

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 24, 2019

Hi Tegan,

I am having the exact same problem with the same firmware. Can you please reach out to me as well?