Highlighted
Ulfius
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 21, 2019

NCH700 Voice call audio feedback

While in a phone call, my NCH 700 headphones are not playing back my voice into the earphones so that I can hear myself clearly. I can only hear myself a little externally and I think I'm probably raising my voice significantly because of this. My only other solution is to remove one side of the headphones while in a voice call.

Is there a way to enable voice feedback from the microphones to the headphones for one's own voice?

6 REPLIES 6

Re: NCH700 Voice call audio feedback

Hello Ulfius, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community. 

Yes, there is a way that you can adjust this via a feature called Self Voice Adjustment! This can be adjusted inside the Bose Music App under settings > Self Voice Adjustment. 

If you have any issues finding this feature then please do let us know! 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Ulfius
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 21, 2019

I have my "Self voice" setting set to "High" and still don't hear voice coming through the headset speakers.

Hello Ulfius,

I'm sorry to hear that you are still experiencing this issue!

What device do you have your headphones connected to and are you connected through Bluetooth or using the cable?

Are you using built-in network calls or VoIP calls?

Does conversation mode work on your headphones?

I'd also recommend resetting your headphones and ensuring that the latest firmware version is installed.

To reset:

1. Disconnect all cables from your headphones
  2. Connect the larger end of the USB charging cable to a wall charger or a computer that is powered on
  3. On the headphones, press and hold the Power/Bluetooth® button while connecting the smaller end of the USB cable to the right earcup
  4. Once connected, release the Power/Bluetooth button after two seconds

To update please visit btu.bose.com on your computer and follow the instructions.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

Ulfius
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 21, 2019

Ok. Did those things and already had the latest update.  When on a call, if I switch back and forth between High and None for Self Voice, I hear a little difference in background noise pickup and maybe a very small difference in my voice, but sounds like talking with your hands over your ears.

I'm using a Samsung Note 8 phone via Bluetooth on a network call.

Hello Ulfius,

Thanks for getting back to me!

Do you have any problems with your noise-cancellation is general? 

Could you please connect to an alternative device and test for the same results?

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

Ulfius
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 21, 2019

Noise cancellation in general works great.  I'll see if I can find another phone to try with.