Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DimitriD
Participant
Registered since

Jan 7, 2020

Re: NCH700 Voice call audio feedback

Yes, I tried all this.. Had to do the reset process twice; deleted connected devices everywhere; the firmware is the latest; still no change, no self voice.  Going to the Contact US page, it looks like the option is to get a repair

DimitriD
Participant
Registered since

Jan 7, 2020

Update on this issue: I contacted Bose through the website and was instructed to send back the headphones for a repair.  I just received a replacement unit, brand new.  It behaves exactly like the previous one, no self-voice adjustment: no matter the self voice setting in the app, one's voice remains a constant muffled sound, both on calls and in conversation mode.  Even after resetting and updating the firmware.

Is there a known issue related to self-voice?  On some units but not others?

Any suggestion?

Sakher
Participant
Registered since

Aug 22, 2020

Hello 

I have exactly the same issue, what I’m looking for is to hear my voice from the speaker itself exactly like the caller hears my voice (electronically sensed by the microphone and then spoken by the speaker itself to my ears), I mean, and I think the same what previous inquiries, intended to say, I don’t want to hear my voice leak or penetrate the gap between the headphone cups and my head, no, I want to hear my voice from the speaker itself.

i faced that when I tried to use my NC 700 in a Karaoke app (Smule), in Karaoke you need to hear your voice and the music of the app together, I could do the sane using the basic wired Apple headphones, but couldn’t do that using the NC 700.

i would appreciate assistance please 

msmit
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 28, 2020

I am experiencing the same thing when on a MS Teams call. The noise canceling works fine, the microphone appears to transmit my voice clearly, but I cannot hear myself speak through the headset, the settings high, off or low make zero difference.

Off topic, but I also cannot mute my headphones unless I mute them through MS Teams.

BrianS
Participant
Registered since

Sep 8, 2020

Just wanted to add to this thread, if I may.  I have some self voice on high, but it is minimal and TRULLY wish it was updated to another couple levels above high.  
I also bought this 700 for voice, versus the Planteonics or and others claiming to have this feature.

it would be so amazing for voice calls to keep my voice at a lower decimal. I know I can learn to speak softer, but that can be done with ANY headset.

Any chance this will be improved....as this is the best feature on this phone that I need.  Yes...it’s great all around but I already have an older model that o let my wife use.  
Please Please update ....don’t care if it changes the music quality (although I am sure there is a workaround that)

Any chance?  Or do I need to look for other solitions? (I only use my mobile phone for calls). Apple X 1st gen.

ericshirk
Participant
Registered since

Sep 10, 2020

How can I hear my voice during calls with the noise cancelation turned on? If their a voice passthrough or sidetone available? 

donkarillo
Participant
Registered since

Sep 22, 2020

Same issues here:

Self voice not working properly, sounds very quiet and muffled during calls (app settings don't make any difference). For conference calls, this feature is absolut important, is there any update on this?

I mostly use Windows 10 and MS Teams. 

Another thread regarding same topic: https://community.bose.com/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/wireless-headphones/message-id/58334

jape14
Participant
Registered since

Jan 14, 2021

I am having the exact same issue (using MacBook Pro + Microsoft Teams mostly). Actually, are there ANY reports from people who have Self Voice working?

365nice
Enthusiast
Registered since

Dec 30, 2020

I was curious about this thread - and can confirm that self voice seems to be working properly for me (I switched to high for the reasons people have mentioned, as I wanted to try and stop myself shouting and bother others in my house). I seemed to notice a difference between medium and high - but it has got me curious to try none to see if I'm just imagining that its working. (my setup is a macbook pro, using teams, as well as an iPhone).

jape14
Participant
Registered since

Jan 14, 2021

Thanks for getting back to me. I played around a bit with the settings and on "High" it is indeed working, have to be fair here 🙂

You get a bit more other background sounds coming through as well but it's not that bad!