Highlighted
fmichel
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 11, 2019

NHC 700 headband degradation ?

hello,

I've been using them for three weeks and the headband padding is already like that.Is this expected?

n8hk4k4ag2u31.jpg

9 REPLIES 9

Re: NHC 700 headband degradation ?

Hi fmichel, 

Thanks for posting and reaching out to us today! I am sorry to see that this has happened to your Noise Cancelling Headphones 700 headband and definitely not something that you should be experiencing. 

Can you please let me know a little more about your usage of the headphones? Do you use them for workouts, sleeping or just general use? I would also like to know if you place them directly on your head or wear a cap? 

I look forward to hearing back from you in regard to this and if any other community members are having a similar issue please do let us know. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

fmichel
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 11, 2019

I use them to listen to music when I'm at the office and when I don't, they are in the protective case .I don't wear any cap while using them.

I went to my electronic shop and the demo unit exhibited the same defect, only worse.

Hi fmichel, 

Thanks for posting and updating us on this! 

This isn't an issue that I or any of the community team have seen before and would love to look into this further. We have sent you a private message regarding this and if any other community members have a similar issue please do let us know. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Ondene
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 23, 2019

Mine is not as bad as yours yet but I've noticed this slight flattened bit forming on mine as well. I am confident that this is due to the choice of material and is most likely never going to not get like this.

I use mine very small amounts of time in the office and nothing else, perhaps 1-2 hours a day. 

joekix
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 6, 2019

My silver ones are displaying the same issue and I’ve used mine maybe for a total of 3 hours.  I also noticed a lot of the used ones on sale on eBay have the same issue.  Is this something we can get an exchange for?

https://imgur.com/a/yfkVots

fmichel
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 11, 2019

I'm not going to do an exchange every two weeks.Seems like bose made an error in choosing that kind of silicone to make the padding.Of course it was going to stretch!

Overall, I'm quite disapointed by the design and construction of these headphone.Has someone even tried them before they go into production ?

Why manufacturers nowadays try to reinvent the wheel instead of using proved technology an design?

The NCH 700 are not worthy replacing the qc35s.unfortunatly, the qc35s will be going out of sale soon, and their comfort and proven design too.

I'm sorry, I'm ranting a bit, but these are not cheap.I was expecting more.

joekix
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 6, 2019

Fmichel,

So if this is normal, this is not acceptable.  For 400.00, it should not be happening.  I know the dent is not noticeable when you’re wearing them, but they look so ugly with the dent.

fmichel
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 11, 2019

The problem is that the silicone is going to degrade more over months and the headset will be even less comfortable.

Hi All, 

Thank you all for posting on this thread. I am sorry to hear that a few of you are experiencing an issue with your Noise Cancelling Headphones 700 headband! 

As a reminder we want all of our customers to be fully satisfied with their Bose purchases, If you are unhappy with any of our products, for whatever reason then please do reach out to our customer support team in your region via the Contact Us page and the team will do the best they can to assist you further. 

If anyone has any other questions about the Noise Cancelling Headphones 700 please do let us know. 

Kind Regards,

Hector B