Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
User-7bee87f
Participant
Registered since

Apr 25, 2020

Re: NHC 700 headband degradation ?

Bose, 

It is definitely a design flaw, I like the Futuristic design but, headband design and decision to put silicone as padding is very very poor one. It is going to make it worst over time..

I use these everyday for work Teams calls and meetings as I work from home 100%.. and also use these occasionally for music..  I practically wear them about 6 hours everyday..if not a little more..

You never had to change the QC 35 II design, it was perfect, slap in the new drivers, put a touch pad on a ear-cup and everything else could have stayed the same.. It would have been amazing..

whats going on Bose.. The new software on the QC 35 messed up the NC terribly.. The Bose Music App with the NC 700 does not even connect.. Phone keeps dropping and reconnecting when taking conference calls on Laptops which results in missed conversation coz of the voice prompts about disconnect and reconnect.. Multi devices connection issue which is technically not Bose fault entirely but Bose should have released Bluetooth USB adapter with the NC700 right from the beginning.. Not now after multiple customer complaints because YOU KNOW about this problem all along..

The most glaring problem of all these is the head band padding with silicone which over time is going to blow up in your face as more customers see premature failure of it.. which is going to happen "It is not a matter of IF but WHEN".. For me design problem is of most concern because I know you will be able to fix other problems with software but what about the design flaw.. I am very interested in know what you guys are doing to address the above mentioned problems..

And, please do not respond giving me ROBOTIC responses like, I am forwarding it to the design/engineering team BS, please talk to the team and post a meaningful response because it is Customers like us who are bread and butter for your company for waiting patiently for you guys to fix your products and not just jump the ship..

User-7bee87f
Participant
Registered since

Apr 25, 2020

The exchanged units are going to do the same thing.. what we probably need is fix for this in next round of production like may be stick on a thin layer of microfiber soft cloth over the silicone padding.. may be get inspired by the Jabra Elite 85H head band, it may not look futuristic but at least decent enough and will improve the durability and customer satisfaction. And, most importantly, allow us to exchange with the new ones for a good discount..

but, please do something.. Don't just ignore us....

joekix
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 6, 2019

I had my silver ones replaced last month because they turned gold.  My previous pair had the headband issue after a week.  My replacements still look good after month.  Hopefully they’ll stay like that.

Seekay
Enthusiast
Registered since

Apr 2, 2020

Fingers crossed. Please do let us know if anything changes. 

I’m really curious how far this NC700 story goes... headband issue, left earcup static issue, wind noise problem, phone and computer bt connection problem, colour changes and who knows what else...it seems like a never ending story and Bose has never addressed any of these issues. Most of them are constantly being reported since June/July last year.  This behaviour from the company is unacceptable and only leading to lose customers. 

King541
Participant
Registered since

Jun 1, 2020

Yes, I am sadly experiencing this issue as well.

apocalepsis
Participant
Registered since

Sep 12, 2020

Hello, I found this forum when looking for a solution related to the problem on this topic. I bought the same headphones model in September 5, 2020 and, just past 7 days and my headphones are showing a degradation in the internal part of the headband.

I'm really worried about the product quality because, if they are experiencing this degradation in just 7 days, what I will expect in 6 months.

I have used my headphones just 3 of the 7 days and only from 3 to 4 hours, at night to watch a movie and im disappointed about the quality of the materials this headphones are made.

I have sent and email to Bose's Support, but I wanted to leverage this topic to post my concern. Hoping Bose can see it here too and help me on this.

WhatsApp Image 2020-09-12 at 18.51.16 (1).jpegWhatsApp Image 2020-09-12 at 18.51.16.jpeg

Clevor
Participant
Registered since

May 10, 2018

Is the headband replaceable as it is with many headphones??? You would think so at this point as the 700 is their latest model, flagship headphones. If so, how is the headband replaced?

Mcgo
Participant
Registered since

Oct 12, 2020

I am also experiencing the same problem with my black Bose 700 that I purchased this month. I do not use them to work out or for sleep and I only took them out of my house once.

Ryan.s.park
Participant
Registered since

Jul 26, 2021

Hi, when I first bought my pair I had this happen as well. Can you please advise next steps.