astc
Participant
Registered since

Feb 18, 2021

NOISE CANCELLING HEADPHONES 700 UC

Hi all, 

I'm thinking about buying a pair of Noise Cancelling Headphones 700 UC and I have some questions regarding the certifications and compatibility: can anyone tell me what is the difference between "certified for", "compatible with" and "works with" please? How does it affect in terms of product features and user experience? Does being "certified for" mean that there is an especial agreement with Teams in this case? 

Thanks in advance 🙂

2 REPLIES 2
Keith_L

Re: NOISE CANCELLING HEADPHONES 700 UC

Hi astc,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community!

That's a great question! The main difference between the three is the Microsoft Teams certification does allow for a few extra features. As the UC headphones are Teams Certified, when the USB link is connected the headset will assign itself as the primary mic and speakers, and you get access to the functions of the dedicated Microsoft Teams button on the headset. The Microsoft Teams button, lets you easily join a Teams meeting, and bring the Teams window to the front on a Windows PC with a single button press.

With the "works with" and "compatible with" labels for Google Meets and Zoom, while these don't have an official certification as the headset has for Teams, we have thoroughly tested the headset with each of these apps to make sure the headset works at the best of its ability with the apps!

I hope this helps clarify this for you! If you have any further questions let me know!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
madbooba
Advisor
Registered since

Mar 16, 2020

Re: NOISE CANCELLING HEADPHONES 700 UC

@astc I honestly advise you, check this forum for Bose 700 (it's the same model only without usb dongle), and think again if you really want to buy it.

Remember that the opinion of other users is the most important, only and exclusively.
99% of users here regret the purchase of Bose headphones, including me.

Regards