PennyBit
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 27, 2020

Nc 700 hp sound glitch

Hi, 

I’ve just bough the headphones and I’m quite happy with the product, but I’ve noticed when I connect more than one source to the headphone (eg. iPhone and MacBook Pro) I often hear a glitch. I tried many things here in the support page: re-installing the app, clear the paired devices, firmware update, but the problem still persists. Is there any solution, apart to keep connected just one device a time?

Bose product name

Bose NC 700 HP

Country

Italy

Firmware Version

App Version

Bose Music 4.1.1

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on

iPad Air 2 on iPadOS 14.2, iPhone 7 on iOS 14.2, MacBook Pro 15” 2017 on macOS 10.15.7

6 REPLIES 6
Hector_B

Re: Nc 700 hp sound glitch

Hello PennyBit, 

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Bose Community! Sorry to hear that you are having an audio glitch with your new headset. 

Can you please let us know a little more about what the noise sounds like, as well as if the issue only happens when attempting a certain action? 

You have performed some great troubleshooting steps so far, let's also reset the headset by following these steps below: 

• Disconnect all cables from your headphones
  • Connect the larger end of the USB charging cable to a wall charger or a computer that is powered on
  • On the headphones, press and hold the Power/Bluetooth button while connecting the smaller end of the USB cable to the right earcup. The Power LED should quickly blink twice
  • Once connected, release the Power/Bluetooth button after two seconds.

We look forward to hearing back from you with further information! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
PennyBit
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 27, 2020

By far, it seems resetting the headset solved this issue.

Thank you.

365nice
Collaborator
Registered since

Dec 30, 2020

I'm a new QC700 user and am unhappy to say that I am having the same problem with my new QC700's as well.

I am connected to an IphoneX (ios13) and a MacBookPro 16 - and have been happy in MS teams call all day with my laptop but am now listening to spotify on my Phone (having switched sources by just playing spotify on my phone) and the music keep "blipping" (as in pauses for 1/4 s) every 2 or 3 minutes. 

I've rebooted my phone and reconnected and it still does it - its incredibly annoying and I am now worried that all of the bad threads on these headphones are going to be true...  which I am stunned to find out as I've had several of Bose products in the past from QC15's to some QC20's (which have all been great).

Is there something faulty with the product? What can I do? This is advertised as a compelling feature to be able to connect to 2 devices at the same time.

I am using the the latest firmware and app (the firmware auto-upgraded to 1.8.x which is something that I am also annoyed about as reading here, I would have loved to have tried 1.3 which the headphones shipped with)

Tim

PennyBit
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 27, 2020

After few days the glitches, are back again.

I troubleshooted the problem and apparently it'd disappear if only one source at time is connected to the headphone, many user complained this issue (see the comment of 365nice).

All the os's and firmware are updated:

iPhone XS iOS 14.4

Bose firmware 1.8.2

Bose Music App 4.2.4

MacBook Pro (15" 2017) macOS 10.15.7

Now I just want to know if it is a known defect so it in not resolvable, in this case I would like to have the choice to apply for a refund and ship them back. Instead if it is resolvable, please tell me what I have to do in order to solve the problem. As the user 365nice mentioned this is "advertised as a compelling feature to be able to connect to 2 devices at the same time" so why it doesn't work?

Please Help!

Thank you.

Keith_L

Thanks for letting us know that PennyBit!

As you are only getting this stutter when connected to multiple devices, it does sound like you are experiencing the same issue being discussed and investigated in the thread HERE. If you can add the information on the OS's and firmware to the thread there, that would be really helpful for us to gather information to investigate it further. Some of the users in the thread have found resolutions as well, so I would recommend checking those out and seeing if they work for you too!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
destinyofbose
Participant
Registered since

Dec 8, 2020

we want general solutions not auto reply saying ‘please give firmware info’ . Bose should be respectful to customers.