Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 31, 2020

Need 2nd Ear Pad Replacement in Less Two Years with Limited Use

I'm becoming increasing disillusioned with the quality of Bose ear pads. I'm looking at my second replacement, this time after less than two years of very limited use. I keep the headphones in the carry case when not in use and only use them to travel, which amounts to a few weeks, two to three times a year, not what I would consider "normal wear" - yet, the black covering has separated all around on both pads, exposing the yellow inner cushions. I would expect this from a cheap, $30 pair of headphones, not higher-end Bose.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 1, 2020

Re: Need 2nd Ear Pad Replacement in Less Two Years with Limited Use

Even my Bose QC 35 II ear cushions are wearing out very fast. I bought the new headphones in February. So in 8 months they have started to wear out. I'm pretty sure within next 4 months they will wear out completely. I understand wear and tear is natural but cushions wearing out withing a year is too mu h to take for a premium headphone that costs ₹30k 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 1, 2020

Ear cushions degrading significantly in just 8 months

Hi, I purchased the QC 35 || headphones in February this year. Within 8 months the cushions started to wear out significantly inspite of taking good care, always wiping it dry after use, storing it in the original case. I use the headphones indoors only. I understand wear and tear is natural but at this rate, it's really upsetting especially considering the price point. Is there any way this is can avoided or at least the rate can be slowed down. I mean it's a ₹30k headphone such degradation in quality in just 8 months is not at all acceptable. Please help. Thank you. 

Highlighted

Re: Need 2nd Ear Pad Replacement in Less Two Years with Limited Use

Hey rmukhfloyd, 

Thanks for posting. 

The cushions are made from a protein leather, which can naturally deteriorate over time with use. This can be accelerated by environmental factors such as heat and humidity, but the great news is that we do stock replacement cushions. Head over to our website to explore your options. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!