huck5
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 3, 2019

New Bose 700 NC Headphones do not work with Windows 10

When connected to a Windows 10 device (Surface Book 2) and Google Pixel 3 XL and listening to downloaded music within Spotify from the Windows 10 Surface device, every time I move my Surface mouse (Bluetooth) the audio will cut out or there are gaps in the music.  The music doesn't pause but just goes out almost like static.  I can easily replicate this.  After the firmware update below, I deleted the connection from the Bose Music app and the Windows 10 PC, re-established the connection and the same problem persists.  

Unfortunately, I do not know if this problem existed prior to the firmware update to the version below. 

The headset was updated through btu.bose.com and not the Android Bose Music app, as the app can't stay connected long enough to the device to download, transfer and install the firmware.  Never had this problem with the QC35 and the Bose Connect+ app.  

Firmware 1.1.4.1144.be3bf4b

Date of manufacture: 5/31/2019

4 REPLIES 4

Re: New Bose 700 NC Headphones do not work with Windows 10

Hi there @huck5 !

I'm sorry to hear of the difficulties that you've had with the NC700 here and would be happy to assist.

This sounds like the Bluetooth signal that is received from the Wireless Mouse is interfering with the Bluetooth signal from the headset, as this is only happening when you move the mouse.

As such, my suggestion would be to connect the headset via the 2.5mm-->3.5mm AUX cable, or by using a Bluetooth dongle/adapter to allow additional Bluetooth connections for this device.

I hope this helps, and please let me know if you have any questions/queries at all!

Liam W - Community Support

Highlighted
huck5
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 3, 2019

Respectfully, don't think this answer helps. The issue isn't the lack of Bluetooth connections to the device. The QC35 work fine without issue with the two devices outlined. Same use case with the NC700's and sound does not work the same. There are other threads that popped up today with Windows 10 compatibility issues.
huck5
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 3, 2019

Any update or is there a known issue that is being addressed?  

If there isn't a firmware update that is imminent to take care of the dual device and Windows 10 issues, I would like to return and receive a refund.  

AlexanderH
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 13, 2019

Also going for a refund. There are headsets that properly work and cost half as much as this headset.