Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 5, 2020

New Bose 700 noise-cancelling headphones interfere with wired keyboard

Hi there! I just bought these new Bose 700 noise-cancelling headphones and have them connected via bluetooth to my iphone 7 and alienware laptop. I have noticed an issue now where I seem to lose control of my keyboard and keys stick causing typos like thissssssss. 

This wasn't happening before with my wired headphones (Sennheiser if its relevant) and not sure why this would be happening when my keyboard is also wired, not bluetooth. 

Once I initially got everything set up, I also experienced the crackling and drop-outs mentioned elsewhere on the forums. I will try the repro steps to see if it helps. 

I am disappointed that I had to consult the support portal so soon after purchasing these premium headphones. Furthermore, I see that they have just dropped 100$ in price after I bought mine 😞 Could someone contact me about this? 

Thank you. 

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted

Re: New Bose 700 noise-cancelling headphones interfere with wired keyboard

Hi LiannaS, 

Thanks for reaching out. I am very sorry to hear that you are dissatisfied by your initial experience with your Noise Cancelling Headphones 700. This is very bizarre that your headphones seem to be interfering with your keyboard. I would love to look into this with you further. 

Does this occur when you have no headphones attached to your computer?

Can you also attempt a wired connection to your computer to see if this provides any improvements?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 5, 2020

Thanks for the response. I don't experience this problem when no headphones are attached (or paired wirelessly) to the laptop. 

It seems to happen intermittently and not as frequently today as last week. I will try the wired connection and see if that helps. 

As far as the new 100$ price drop on these headphones what is bose's policy with that? Can I get the hundred bucks reimbursed since I only missed the promo by a couple of days? 

Thanks!

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 5, 2020

hello? I really want to keep these headphones but holy moly they are giving me issues....can someone at least let me know about the price drop? I think its only fair that you acknowledge the shortcomings in this app/hardware release and give me partial compensation for it

Highlighted

Hello LiannaS, 

Thanks for getting back in touch. You would need to reach out to local support in your region to discuss partial refunds on promotional offers. That isn't something we can advise you on. 

To be clear, the issue only occurs when you connect to the computer via a wired connection? This should not be happening. Only left and right sound data is transmitted via the cable so it should not be possible for the headphones to have an impact on the computer.

Have you discussed this with Alienware to gain a better insight? Have you tried using the headphones with other devices to see if there are any other issues? 

Thanks,

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 5, 2020

It occurs when the headphones are connected wirelessly, but the keyboard I am using is a wired keyboard. Never had issues with the keyboard 'dropping out' before using these bose wireless headphones but now it happens frequently. 

I also seem to keep having to go through the control panel to specify that I want to use the headphones as headphones and not a headset (which causes low quality sound and dropouts) 

LiannaS_0-1592071425286.png

Highlighted

Thanks for looking into this.

As Jeff previously stated, have you discussed this with Alienware to gain a better insight? Have you tried using the headphones with other devices to see if there are any other issues? 

Had you also tried a cabled connection between your headphones and your computer also?

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 5, 2020

No, I haven't contacted Alienware about this, I just expected the headphones to work with the laptop without too much fussing and fiddling. 

Headphones seem to work okay with my iphone but my main goal for them was to use for work and connect to the laptop. 

I guess I will try the wired connection - though I paid a premium for wireless headphones. Thanks...

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 5, 2020

I don't expect a response but just for your information I tried a wired connection with these headphones and still experienced the issue with mouse and keyboard interference.  We also experimented with turning off bluetooth on any other devices in our home in case it was somehow causing interruptions. 

Unfortunately it just keeps happening and it's unacceptable for me at this price point. I will be returning them. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 14, 2020

Is there any further response from Bose on this? I have a Surface Book 3 and I also get the exact same issue, so this isn't something isolated to just an Alienware laptop. The only commonalities would be both using Windows, the processor (I assume the Alienware also used Intel), or perhaps the bluetooth chip. But this only seems to be an issue with these particular headphones, could it be a bug in the bluetooth connection?