RichB
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 24, 2019

New Bose qc35ii skipping and stuttering

I have had these for about one week, and I am constantly getting stuttering and skipping when connected to bluetooth on my galaxy s6. I know i have an old phone, but it connects perfectly well to other devices. Please help, I got these from a credit card rewards program so I am sure it will be a major PITA to return if it comes to that. 

15 REPLIES 15

Re: New Bose qc35ii skipping ans stuttering

Hello RichB, 

Thank you for reaching out today, on behalf of everyone I would like to welcome you to the Bose Community. 

I am so sorry that your first post is a negative one but I would love to assist you in getting this sorted. To start to look to resolve your issue with your QC35 II headphones stuttering and skipping tracks when connected to your Samsung Galaxy S6, please can you go to btu.bose.com on a computer and follow the instructions on the screen to update the headphones software. Once you have done this please complete a product reset. To do this, please turn off the headset and wait 30 seconds and then plug the headset into a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait 5 seconds. After that unplug the USB cord from the headset and wait 1 minute once you have completed this turn the headset back on.

If you still continue to experience issues after trying the above, please can you let me know: 

• What software version your phone is running on?
  • What music source are you using to listen to music? 
  • Does the issue persist on any other device when using the headphones? 

I look forward to hearing back from you. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W - Community Support 

RichB
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 24, 2019

I went through the steps and unfortunately it did not solve the problem, I am still experiencing constant stuttering, stopping, and skipping. 

• What software version your phone is running on?

Android 7.0

• What music source are you using to listen to music?

Either pandora or poweramp - happens on both 

• Does the issue persist on any other device when using the headphones? 

I have only used the headphones on this device, i dont have another device to test with at the moment. However I do use this                         same phone to connect to a Bose bluetooth speaker without issue. 

joelirwin
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

The following to answers to questions could be useful for Bose moderators to assist you in diagnostics:

1. If you wire the QC35ii to your phone versus using Bluetooth, what are your results?

2. Pandora, I believe streams audio onto the phone.  I am a iPhone users, but I think Poweramp both streams and plays audio residing on the phone.  Are you having the issue for all types of music (streamed and resident) or just streamed?

Hello RichB,

Thanks for posting again, I am sorry to hear that the update did not work. I would be more than happy to help you out today, I am curious as to whether you are able to update t the latest Android version? Additionally, it would also be good to have answers to @joelirwin's questions. 

I look forward to hearing from you!

Kindest regards,

Zoe C 

RichB
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 24, 2019

1. If you wire the QC35ii to your phone versus using Bluetooth, what are your results?

I do not recall any skipping while wired, but I can validate if it will help solve the issue. 

2. Pandora, I believe streams audio onto the phone.  I am a iPhone users, but I think Poweramp both streams and plays audio residing on the phone.  Are you having the issue for all types of music (streamed and resident) or just streamed?

Pandora is a streaming service that I use on other headphones, my tv, and other bluetooth devices without issue. PowerAmp plays music stored on my phone. I use both of these extensively with other devices without issue. These Bose headphones, which were very expensive, is the only device that is having this issue. 

RichB
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 24, 2019

There are no updates available for my phone, according to "System Updates" function in my settings. 

Hello RichB,

Thanks for getting back to me, the information you have provided has been very helpful. I have had a look into the phone software and everything appears to be up to date, I would recommend clearing the devices from each others pairing lists then test again. I would also recommend making sure the QC35's software is up to date by doing a manual update. 

Please follow the steps below:

Note: A USB-A to USB-micro B cable (included) is required for this update
• Be sure the computer has internet connectivity, and that you're running a compatible operating system and web browser.
• Navigate to the Bose Bluetooth Device Updater page at btu.bose.com and select your product
• Click "Accept and Continue" to accept the terms of the Bose Updater
• Click "Download" to download the updater
• Once downloaded, open the file to install the updater, then connect the headphones to your computer via USB
• If an update is available, click "Apply Changes" to download the latest software. You can also click "Learn More" to find out about what improvements the update contains
• Once the system has been successfully updated, disconnect the headphones from the computer

I hope this helps, let me know how you get on!

Kindest regards,

Zoe C

RichB
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 24, 2019

Zoe - if you look through the history you will see this step was the first thing recommended and I have already updated the Bose headphones. I have also unpaired and re-paired to my phone. 

Looking forward to the next step in resolving this issue. 

joelirwin
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

@RichB 

>Pandora is a streaming service that I use on other headphones, my tv, and other bluetooth devices without issue. PowerAmp plays music stored on my phone. I use both of these extensively with other devices without issue. These Bose headphones,

>which were very expensive, is the only device that is having this issue. 

From a 'troubleshooting perspective', it is not IMHO relevant what other devices do other than to provide an indication that the issue is specific to the Bose QC35ii.  Agreed on that.  Now the question is how to isolate it.  So again, I think it would be interesting to know does your 'issue' occur just for streaming audio or also for the playing of audio resident to your phone.  I almost exclusively play audio resident on my phone using the "Ecoute" app and I have not experienced the issue you describe.  So I first wonder - is it a streaming issue or perhaps an issue with the app you are using on your phone (try Ecoute).  If we can rule out something, it would give us a better idea what are the 'culprit' or 'culprits' - an app, the phone, the QC35ii or some combination.