Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kandie
Participant
Registered since

Jun 18, 2021

New product ideas as well as new color ideas

I was wondering if you can make the noise cancelling headphones new colors like green like baby pink like rose gold but I would like them to be noise cancelling headphones and I was just wondering if you will be able to do that and those are my ideas

1 REPLY 1
Morlock
Expert
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

Re: New product ideas as well as new color ideas

Bose have done that sort of thing in the past with various headphones.  However the Noise cancelling ones have often been considered targeted at premium/business customers, so apart from some limited edition colours have tended towards blacks and silvers.  Thier newer ones (QC35s and NC700s) have brought out more colours than they usually have (Rose golds, whites, stones, navy etc) and I think this trend will continue, but not with colours such as pinks/reds etc.  

The exception to this has been limited to the USA (I think Canada may have had the option too).  Through their website you used to be able to do custom colours on QC25/QC35s for an extra $100.  So you could make the cushions Yellow, the headband green, and the screw covers red. I think there were about 10-15 parts to the headphone that you could choose from around 30 colours.

In my experience though, even with the sports and fashion headphones they have had, the blacks remain the best sellers by far.  That's not to say people won't buy other colours, but Bose have to weigh up whether it's worth the extra effort if most people buy black anyway.