sadElephant
Participant
Registered since

Aug 20, 2020

No equalizer option on Bose Music app - Bose ANC 700

Hello,

I just got the Bose 700 yesterday, and I had an update available through the app, 

unfortunately, it loaded for like forever and once it was finished I got an error saying it failed and that it'll try again so I just updated my headphones via the Bose updater on my computer. 

So I guess the problem is now that the app is up to date, I even reinstalled it on my phone, and I don't have any equalizer setting available.

I am using an iPhone XS.

Some details:

iOS version: 13.6 (17G68)

Bose Music app version: 3.5.5

Bose 700 firmware version: 1.3.1 - 2028+de73ce1

Also, I don't know if that matters or should be worrying but I just got them yesterday, and according to the app, the date of manufacture is July 26, 2019. 

Thanks ahead 🙂

Bose_Music_app_Settings.jpeg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
vineethpbharadwaj
Advocate
Registered since

Nov 4, 2019

Re: No equalizer option on Bose Music app - Bose ANC 700

Author Accepted Answer selected by sadElephant

Hello @sadElephant 

The EQ support is available with the firmware 1.5.1 update.. However, this firmware has a ton of bugs and was released without being properly tested. Hence it has been put on hold and new users cannot update to this bug ridden firmware.

Those who have already updated have the equalizer support along with a ton of other issues.

You have to wait until Bose releases a new firmware update, but no one know (not even Bose themselves probably) how long this is going to take. It has been already 3 months since the last bug ridden update and we are still waiting for a fix.

Enjoy your fully functional headphones without the equalizer for now

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
vineethpbharadwaj
Advocate
Registered since

Nov 4, 2019

Author Accepted Answer selected by sadElephant

Hello @sadElephant 

The EQ support is available with the firmware 1.5.1 update.. However, this firmware has a ton of bugs and was released without being properly tested. Hence it has been put on hold and new users cannot update to this bug ridden firmware.

Those who have already updated have the equalizer support along with a ton of other issues.

You have to wait until Bose releases a new firmware update, but no one know (not even Bose themselves probably) how long this is going to take. It has been already 3 months since the last bug ridden update and we are still waiting for a fix.

Enjoy your fully functional headphones without the equalizer for now

View solution in original post

sadElephant
Participant
Registered since

Aug 20, 2020

Thanks! good to know. What about my other concern? Do you think it's an issue that a pair of headphones were purchased one year after the manufacture date?

Sam_F

Hi all,

I can imagine things have been quite frustrating in the sense of trying to update your product. As stated in the "Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - 1.4.12 - May 12th 2020 ***UPDATED JULY 30, 2020***" thread, there was a pause made to the 1.14.12 firmware due to a small minority of users encountering issues. We simply took this step to ensure we could look over the firmware and ensure we're releasing the absolute best for our users.

Please keep up to date with the thread to read into more about where things go from here and the status of future firmware updates.

To @sadElephant, I wouldn't worry about the manufacturer date as this time difference is quite normal amongst most products. If you're thinking about warranty, this will start from the date of purchase. Let me know if you have any other questions!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
vineethpbharadwaj
Advocate
Registered since

Nov 4, 2019

Hello @Sam_F 

Please give us a realistic date to expect the next update.. It has been very frustrating to wait for 3 months with a faulty product after paying such huge amount of money.

All the customers have been pretty much kept in the dark while the marketing emails and posts for this defective product floods the internet.. The company should take the responsibility and make a public announcement. This is highly unprofessional and unethical. 

Daring48
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 4, 2020

@sadElephant How much Battery life are you getting against each charge? I also got my NC 700 new and manufacturing is Dec 19.

sadElephant
Participant
Registered since

Aug 20, 2020

I've only had a chance to use them on a full charge once and I was using them with noise cancellation on level 5/ level 10. 

I got a full day of use, never turned them off (so about 14 hours) and still had another 9.

Today I've had them on with noise cancellation on for about 7 hours and about 6 yesterday, and I still got 8 hours left.

So I guess a little over 20 hours with noise cancellation not always at level 10.

JuanCuevas
Participant
Registered since

Sep 1, 2020

Yesterday I have checked via the retailer with Bose and they promised that a new filmware release will be available this month, with the fully tested Equalizer adjustments. The problem is not related to the application at all.