Norway

Firmware Version

(1.8.2-11524+e0f7590)

App Version

(4.2.4)

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on

(Iphone XS version 14.2)

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

When im calling out from my Iphone the sound doesnt switch to the Bose NC 700, iv'e tried to switch over to the iphone and back to the Bose NC 700 but it doesnt help. Iv'e tried to forget the headphones from my Iphone and reconnect the devices but it doesnt help. When im playing music from spotify it works find. Its only when im trying to accept a call or call out i dont get sound on my Bose NC 700. 

What environment do you experience the issue in?

Everywhere

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

a month ago maybe

Any troubleshooting steps you took

Tried to reconnect the device to my iphone and switch my phone off/on

37 REPLIES 37
Tegan_M

Re: No sound calls iphone - NC 700

Hello,

Sorry you are unable to take calls with your headphones.

Does this occur with all devices you connect to your headphones? Is this a new issue or has this always happened?

Can you also let us know how you take your calls? Is this via a WiFi service such as Messenger or Whatsapp for example? Have you tried taking a call through a different call source?

Do let us know. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Maverickwolfe
Participant
Registered since

Apr 9, 2020

I am able to take calls and control the call with my NC 700, but there is no sound from the calls when I attempt to place them. This happens using my wife's iPhone as well. I tried resetting my phone, unpairing and repairing the headset, changing settings, and nothing works.

th.braathen
Participant
Registered since

Dec 11, 2020

Hi again. I only have one device connected(Iphone). The calls i recieve or call out is trough gsm/4G not wifi. I also tried calling trough messenger, snapchat to see if that worked but the same problem was there. When I first got the headset around 2 months ago it worked fine to make phone calls, then the sound worked. It seems like its something wrong with a update? So this is a new issue. 

Hope you can help me with this when I use the headset for work and need calls to work. 

Jeff_G

Thanks for confirming. 

Have you tried unpairing the headphones and established a new connection to see if the problem continues? Have you also tried restarting the smartphone? 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
th.braathen
Participant
Registered since

Dec 11, 2020

I have tried to restart my phone, unpairing the bose headset and reconnecting it again. Doesn't work... 

Sam_F

Hey th.braathen,

Thank you for giving that a try - sorry it didn't help. To confirm, your headphones are updated to the latest available firmware (v1.8.2), and your Bose Music app is running the latest update (v4.2.4)?

Have you tried using the headphones with a different phone to see if the issue with making calls persist? It'd be good to get an idea of whether it's just happening with one device or all devices.

Finally, within your iPhone settings, you can set the call audio to be used by your Bluetooth headset. To do this, go to Settings > Accessibility > Touch > Call Audio Recording > Bluetooth Headset. Give this a try and let me know if it helps with your issue!

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
MoneyWonder
Participant
Registered since

Dec 16, 2020

Hi Sam,

I am experiencing the same issue on the latest software/app and only experienced this issue when updating to iOS 14.3. The fix you suggested with the accessibility setting worked once and now it no longer works. Music etc works fine but as soon as a call is connected, it does not stream any audio, the other caller can hear me but I cannot hear them.

Sam_F

Hey MoneyWonder,

Thank you for giving that a try - sorry it has not seemed to be a permanent solution. Have you tried rebooting your iPhone to see if the settings stay in place and your headset defaults when receiving a call? Has the setting change from Bluetooth Headset to something else, causing you to not hear any call audio?

MoneyWonder
Participant
Registered since

Dec 16, 2020

Hi Sam,

The setting change does persist through both iPhone and Headset restarts. As stated before, the headset has only stopped streaming call audio on the latest update to iOS 14.3. I have tried toggling the setting mentioned, the call stream in calls themselves, this issue persists across apps (default phone, Discord, Telegram, WhatsApp etc) and music and sound effects come through as normal.

I suspect that perhaps something in the Apple update broke the stream setting, but this is causing increasing inconvenience and concern as my headset is a workplace adjustment and I am a UK National Government essential worker so I would greatly appreciate Bose investigating this issue urgently and issuing any fixes as appropriate.