cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Plazee
Participant
Registered since

Jul 8, 2021

No sound coming from left ear in bluetooth mode.

Product: Bose AE2 Soundlink

Product version: 3.0.3

App version: 16.0

Samsung Galaxy s21 ultra Android 11 and a windows 10 laptop

There is no sound coming out of the left ear, the device doesn't play sound from paired devices or the headset's voice prompts. But the left ear works when I plug the wire into the headset.

I am not sure when the issue started but the left ear used to work perfectly fine while using Bluetooth and still works perfectly fine wired.

I have resettled the device and cleared the Bluetooth list multiple times.

3 REPLIES 3
Tegan_M

Re: No sound coming from left ear in bluetooth mode.

Hi Plazee,

Thanks for reaching out, sorry to hear that you are having this experience. We appreciate you taking the time in performing some troubleshooting already, its great to hear that the left earpiece is still working with a cabled connection.

Am I right in thinking there is no Bluetooth audio on the left when using both your S21 and Windows 10 laptop?

I'd suggest we perform a product reset using the instructions below;

• Turn off the headset and wait 30 seconds
  • Plug the headset into a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait 5 seconds
  • Unplug the USB cord from the headset and wait 1 minute
  • Turn on the headset

It may also be worth clearing the Bluetooth pairing list of your product also. 

• Power on your product
  • Slide the Power switch up to the Bluetooth symbol and hold it until you hear Bluetooth device list cleared.

Once cleared, your product is ready to connect a new device.

Do let us know if you see any improvements.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Plazee
Participant
Registered since

Jul 8, 2021

I have tried both a product reset and I have cleared the Bluetooth device list but that hasn't changed anything. Yes you are right there is no audio in the left ear when using my S21 and Windows 10 laptop, but also there is no sound when using any Bluetooth device and the device narrator sounds don't play in the left ear either.

Tegan_M

Thank you very much for getting back to us with this information. I am sorry to hear that this persists.

From the sounds of it, this would appear that there is a communication issue between your products when using Bluetooth. I would suggest that you reach out to your local Bose product support team to explore service options. You can reach out to your local support team by clicking this link and selecting your region. This will redirect you to our website. Please scroll to the bottom of the website and there you will find a 'Contact Us' tab, this will provide you with all the relevant contact information for your country. 

Thank you.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!