drtczar
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 2, 2016

No sound in earpiece

Recently the right earpiece on my noise cancelling headphones made a slight whining sound. This occurred twice and then the earpiece went dead. When I listen to

music without the noise canceling turned on it works fine. When I turn on the noise cancelling feature that earpiece is dead. The other one works just fine. Any suggestions?  Is this repairable?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: No sound in earpiece

Hi drtzcar,

Thank you for posting. I'm sorry to hear the right ear of your headphones is no longer working with noise-cancellation and I would be happy to help with this.

So I can assist you as accurately as possible, could you please let me know which headphones you have? If you are unsure you can use our Product Identifier to check.

It is interesting that the headphones only get this issue with noise cancelation turned on, have you tested the headphones with other source devices and apps to see if it happens all the time?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
drtczar
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 2, 2016

Re: No sound in earpiece

I have tried this with 2 different cell phones and with my iPod. It does t matter if I’m using my music library or an app. Same thing. 
I did contact customer support and they suggested replacing them as they are out of warranty. I did send info including payment for a replacement pair however haven’t received the mailing label yet to return these in order to have the replacement pair sent. 

Thanks

Tom