Highlighted
Seanw99
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 1, 2019

No voice prompts on Bose QC35 II

Hello there,

When I turned on my headphones until very I used to have a voice telling me battery percentage and saying it was connected to my phone. Now it just seems to be beeps when I do this? Have voice prompts been taken away on latest firmware update? Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: No voice prompts on Bose QC35 II

Author Accepted Answer selected by Seanw99

Hey Blizz77, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community Forums. 

I am sorry that your voice prompts have been disabled. We can enable them within the Bose Connect app. To turn on or off voice prompts using the Bose Connect app:

1. Open the app and wait while it searches for available Bose Bluetooth products.
  2. Tap the Settings icon in the upper-right to open the product settings menu.
  3. Use the toggle next to Voice Prompts to turn prompts on or off.

I look forward to hearing how you get on. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Mar 26, 2019

Hello Seanw99,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community, that's very strange that your headphones are not using voice prompts anymore. I would be more than happy to help you out with this today, could you please tell me whether you have checked in the Bose Connect app if voice prompts are enabled? Have you tried any troubleshooting steps? In the meantime, there are a few troubleshooting steps that can be tried to get voice prompts working again. For example, a product reset and pushing the manual update to the headphones again. 

To reset your product:

1. Power off your product, then wait 30 seconds
  2. Connect your product to a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait five seconds
  3. Disconnect the USB cable from the headset, then wait one minute
  4. Power on your product.

To install a Bose system update, follow these steps (Note: A USB-A to USB-micro B cable is required for this update):

1. Be sure the computer has internet connectivity, and that you're running a compatible operating system and web browser.
  2. Navigate to the Bose Bluetooth Device Updater page at btu.bose.com and select your product
  3. Click "Accept and Continue" to accept the terms of the Bose Updater
  4. Click "Download" to download the updater
  5. Once downloaded, open the file to install the updater, then connect the headphones to your computer via USB
  6. If an update is available, click "Apply Changes" to download the latest software. You can also click "Learn More" to find out about what improvements the update contains
  7. Once the system has been successfully updated, disconnect the headphones from the computer

I hope this helps, I look forward to hearing from you!

Kindest regards,

Zoe C - Community Support

Highlighted
Blizz77
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 19, 2020

I have the same problem got the headphones, turned on Voice told me Battery percentage and what I’m paired to, downloaded app, it did an update without my consent, now I lost the voice prompts only way I know if I’m paired or Battery percentage now is by looking at my phone since when I turn it on I hear nothing, this is very much a pain in the you no what and very very disappointing for a set of 500 dollar headphones since my 20 dollar headphones still tell me battery percentage, and yes before you give your generic answers I tried your update did absolutely nothing, fix this or I’m returning and going with beats I’ll take a little less sound quality if I don’t have to deal with this crap  

Highlighted

Author Accepted Answer selected by Seanw99

Hey Blizz77, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community Forums. 

I am sorry that your voice prompts have been disabled. We can enable them within the Bose Connect app. To turn on or off voice prompts using the Bose Connect app:

1. Open the app and wait while it searches for available Bose Bluetooth products.
  2. Tap the Settings icon in the upper-right to open the product settings menu.
  3. Use the toggle next to Voice Prompts to turn prompts on or off.

I look forward to hearing how you get on. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Seanw99
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 1, 2019

Brilliant! Thank you!