Highlighted
Lead Community Manager

Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - 1.4.12 - May 12th 2020 ***UPDATED JULY 30, 2020***

NCH700_Studio_3.png

On Tuesday, May 12thth, a new firmware update will be rolled out for the Noise Cancelling Headphones 700. This update will be available on btu.bose.com and over-the-air via the Bose Music App. This new firmware adds an adjustable equalizer to the Bose Music App, along with improvements to Bluetooth connection reliability and better multi-point functionality while video conferencing!

Please make sure you have updated to the latest Bose Music App release (v3.3.4) to enjoy the new equalizer feature.

Firmware Versions:
Noise Cancelling Headphones 700:  1.4.12

Features:

• Adjustable Equalizer: Personalize the audio on your NC700 Headphones from the Bose Music App. This includes adjusting bass, mids, and treble. Download the Bose Music app and give this feature a try! 
    EQ.png

China only

• Access to Tencent’s Xiaowei voice assistant.  With the Xiaowei voice assistant, you can use your voice to accomplish various tasks such as start and control music from QQ Music, change the volume, and ask questions.  

Bug Fixes and Enhancements:

• Improved Bluetooth connection reliability
  • Better multi point functionality while video conferencing
    • Fixes a stuttering audio issue when the headset is in multipoint with a Mac or PC
    • Improves the audio experience when using most video conferencing software
    • Fixes an issue where the headsets auto off timer could turn off headset during voice-over IP (VIOP) calls using video conferencing software
    • Fixes an occasional disconnection issues when in Multiple-Point
  • General Virtual Personal Assistant (VPA) improvements
  • Battery level and other voice prompt fixes.
    • Fixes multiple issues where the battery level voice prompt may be mis-matched from the Music App or improperly stated when headset is powered on.

[Update - May 15th 2020]

Thanks for your feedback so far. It's great to hear that you're enjoying the new EQ feature. It's also good to hear of improved experiences when connected to two devices simultaneously.

While many have said that multi-point connection issues have been resolved, some have said this persists. Additionally, some users are reporting incorrect battery level feedback. We've opened two separate threads below that we'd love for you to comment on with additional information in the instance that you have updated to 1.4.12 and are experiencing either of these difficulties.

Stutter when Connected to Multiple Devices

Reduced Battery Life Announcement

Please use this thread to discuss new/other issues that you encounter. Thanks!

[Update - July 2nd 2020]

We appreciate all the feedback everyone has provided on the recent 1.4.12 firmware release for the Noise Cancelling Headphones 700. While the firmware has had a positive impact for the majority of our customers, we are currently tracking reports of some customers who are not able to turn the product on and a red and white flashing LED when charging or when pressing the on/off button. As a result, Bose has decided to pause the ability to update to version 1.4.12 until we are able to identify the root cause of the issue. If you are currently experiencing this issue or would like additional updates on this, we invite you to join this thread. We appreciate your help and patience while we investigate.

[Update - July 30th 2020]

Today we released firmware 1.5.1 to address the issue with red and white blinking lights. You can view the full details here.

If you are experiencing the red and white blinking LED indicator and are on firmware 1.4.12, you can update to firmware 1.5.1 at btu.bose.com. This should then allow you to press the power button to clear the indicator and resume using the headset. If you are on 1.4.12 and are not experiencing the red and white error, we recommend updating the firmware via the Bose Music App.

As it is no longer possible to update to 1.4.12, and those on 1.4.12 can now update to 1.5.1, this thread will be locked. We encourage you to post your experiences with 1.5.1 in this thread,

Thanks!   

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
247 REPLIES 247
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 20, 2020

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - 1.4.12 - May 12th 2020

I just installed the new firmware. It seems the calls are (more) stable now - no disconnects when I'm calling, both from iPhone or from PC.

However, I got hickups now when I am listening to music from my PC. With the previous firmware (1.3.1), I did not have this problem.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 12, 2020

I just updated and ever since the update the sound playing from my mac seems to be playing in mono. The playback from my iPhone works as usual, but I can't get proper sound from my Mac, which has previously worked just fine. I tried doing a call, playing music, playing videos, sounds is distorted for everything. Are you aware of any issues when connected to a Mac?

Deleting the connection and pairing again hasn't solved the issue.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 12, 2020

The update pushed this morning to my S10+ and now the source page is completely blank. I am completely unable to select any connections. It's a white page with the word Bluetooth at the top. I spent 45 mins on the phone with tech support and they were baffled and not helpful. They also said they would call me back and never did. No resolution. Please help.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 16, 2020

Hurray for the equalizer. A little basic but still a massive improvement now that I don't have to use Spotify's equalizer. Haven't had it long enough to see if the stuttering still happens on long phone calls which has been a problem for me.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 12, 2020

Good news!!! It works now. Great update otherwise. EQ works great. Thanks guys!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 12, 2020

Great update. Thank you Bose!

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Oct 30, 2017

I did the update and now my Iphone 11 says i have 17 hours. I performed the reset, cleared the bluetooth listing, tried on my ipad, nothing works. 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 28, 2020

Thanks for this - it seems to work faultlessly between MacBook Pro, iPhone and iPad. Nice to have the Equaliser too.  I have boosted the treble one notch but otherwise kept with the default settings. The iOS app seems to be more responsive too. MacBook Pro is outputting stereo for me.

Well done software team!

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 8, 2020

Sweet! The same stutter issue is present with the QC35, here's to hoping that you make an update for them as well!