Gayan
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 3, 2020

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - 1.4.12 - May 12th 2020

I think we have to set the device inbuilt equalizer to off for better result.

BrowPelu2
Collaborator
Registered since

Jul 10, 2019

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE THE EQUALIZER! SIMPLE LAYOUT, BUT POWERFUL! THANK YOU BOSE!

rhysster974
Enthusiast
Registered since

Nov 8, 2018

Try getting rid of the app and reinstalling it. Would also be worth a try updating it through a computer and seeing if there’s any difference

GLC222
Enthusiast
Registered since

Mar 9, 2020

Thanks Bose! Equalizer works very well, now I can customize to my own taste and enhance quality of headphones. App appears stable with no stutter and connects well to my iPhone and iPad. Agree it is simple to adjust the Equalizer.

pddulfer
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 3, 2020

Updated to the new firmware today. No longer getting disconnects from the mobile while on a Teams call on the laptop. Generally more stable all round so far. Thanks Bose.

Only comment is that it would have been much better if Bose could have been transparent about working on some of these issues - from the community's point of view silence inferred a lack of care, which I am sure is not the case.

You will find customers are a lot more tolerant when you keep communicating openly and honestly!

ukbh
Participant
Registered since

May 12, 2020

I just got these headphones today and updated to latest firmware.

Before updating the wired connection to both iphone and pc was normal, just few increments to sound would give high level of volume.

After updating for iphone i have to raise volume to 50% to even hear mildly high sound, with the pc i cannot hear anything at all, if i go to 100% then i can hear even mild whispers of sound.

What the hell happened with the update????

Please fix asap or else i will have to return these and get something else because they just won't work wired.

ukbh
Participant
Registered since

May 12, 2020

Wired audio sound has taken a massive hit.

Before the update a few increments to volume would give good sound on iphone and pc with wired connection.

After updating i have to go to 50% to barely hear anything on iphone and on pc if i go to 100% i can hear mild whispers...

What the hell did this update do...

The bluetooth audio is still fine tho.

Drixs
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 26, 2019

I don't have time to give real feedback. But it seems that noise cancellation is always bad ... Very sad. I can listen to my TV when it is not very loud and the noise reduction is at the maximum, I did not have that with the software version from the factory.

Trying to help you...
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 28, 2020

Hi Bose:

I can confirm that I have installed the new release 1.4.12 and it's made my Bose 700 even WORSE than before.  The NC 700 Bluetooth pause/re-start commands now are LONGER in duration than before.  See my post (that seems to have gotten lost in the sea of posts complaining about the NC700 problems) with detailed troubleshooting & observations (https://community.bose.com/t5/Around-On-Ear-Headphones/BOSE-READ-THIS-NC-700-Bluetooth-cuts-out-rand...) that can help your software engineers.  I can also confirm that hardwiring the NC700 does not cut out at all; it works fine plugged in.

The previous firmware version had shorter durations of the pause/re-start (around 1-2 secs), but now it's much longer (around 5-7 secs) when it happens.

gameshack_
Participant
Registered since

May 13, 2020

Changing Noise Cancellation with Voice Prompts on while playing music on Spotify results in playback pausing. 

Apparently Bose implemented the Voice Prompts in a way where music is paused for the duration of the Prompt and then resumed. This works in some apps, but not in Spotify. Never been a fan of them to begin with. I prefer the little sound the QC35ii‘s made. 

Please fix this. I don‘t want to have my music interrupted just because i change the NC level. 

Better keep the music playing and put a Highpass Filter on it while playing the Sound/VoicePrompt.

Edit:

Device used so you can reproduce ->

iOS 13.4.1 (17E262)

iPhone X (A1901, MQAF2ZD/A)

Spotify App Version: 8.5.57.1042

Bose Music App Version: 3.3.4

Bose 700 Firmware Version: 1.4.12-6283+9f658fd