Andy_B
Community Manager

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - 1.4.12 - May 12th 2020

Hey everyone,

Thanks for your feedback so far. It's great to hear that you're enjoying the new EQ feature. It's also good to hear of improved experiences when connected to two devices simultaneously.

For those users who have not seen an improvement for this connection type, there's some troubleshooting we'd love for you to try and relay the results back to us. As your headset has just been updated, let's establish and a new connection between the devices. 

Firstly, clear the Bluetooth pairing list on the headset. To do this, with the headset powered on, press and hold the Power/Bluetooth on the right earcup for about 10 seconds until you hear "Bluetooth device list cleared." Then, delete the previous pairing on your phone, tablet, and computer.

Following this, reset the headset. To do this:

1. Connect the larger end of the USB charging cable to a wall charger or a computer that is powered on
  2. On the headphones, press and hold the Power/Bluetooth® button while connecting the smaller end of the USB cable to the right earcup. The Power LED should quickly blink twice
  3. Once connected, release the Power/Bluetooth button after two seconds. The reset is complete.

Finally, with the headset powered on once again, re-pair the devices together again to test.

While many of you have said that the battery information has been resolved, a small number of other users have commented that they're continuing to receive unexpected battery level feedback. Should this be the case, can you please also try the reset procedure above with your headset's charging cable and get back to us. Should this be the case, please confirm the current app version as remaining battery time as displayed in the Bose Music app. Furthermore, does this remaining time information lower over time with use, or does it remain static? 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
chercare
Contributor
Registered since

May 13, 2020

So I just updated to the latest firmware and now my headphones keep turning on and off for no reason. This is while connected to two devices, something which worked perfectly fine previously. How do I fix this? Who is doing your testing? It isn't acceptable. I'm not sure who wrote "Fixes an occasional disconnection issues when in Multiple-Point" but its certainly not true for me. 

amar85
Contributor
Registered since

May 13, 2020

i regret going with this update today morning. 

- stutter issue is more often now. every other minute you get it on macbook. 

- iPhone seems fine. that was the case before also.

The time it takes BOSE to release firmware and still common issues aren't addressed makes me believe this is super rocket science with 400$ product and they don't have proper testers to deal it.

lolo_ok?
Participant
Registered since

May 13, 2020

Downloaded the update on my S8+ and I still can't find the equalizer in the application.

Spatula
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 25, 2020

On Windows, when adding the headset, it adds as 2 separate devices, "Headset" and "Headphones". For stereo sound, you must choose the "Headphones" device. I'm not sure how this translates to Mac, if at all, but thought maybe it would help.

Ferrete
Participant
Registered since

May 13, 2020

I just updated w/ the 1.4.12 and noticed an improvement in the audio quality (far from Hi-Res but slightly better). The multi-connection problem seems to have disappeared... while listening to music in my Android phone I answered to a Skype call through my IPad Pro and it shifted instantaneously without “hiccups”, after the call ended I double tapped and the music started again without the usual interruptions.
With regard to NC, I did a quick test with my noisy BBQ Charcoal blower 🙂 and there’s a noticeable diference between 10-5-0 NC, but I still prefer my QC20 for flights.
I’m still waiting for aptxHD or LDAC to feel that I made a good investment, otherwise I will continue to feel that I have spent £ 350 in a not-so-good conf-call headset, and continue to use my Fidelio headphones w/ the v-moda boom pro for good quality audio and calls (costing £130).

d.vasquez@me.com
Participant
Registered since

May 13, 2020

3.3.4 App Installed

iPhone 11 Pro Max (13.4.1)

NC700s manufactured June, 2019

Headphones are paired and working fine, but unable to update to 1.4.12. In fact, the headphones are listed as 1.2.6-1699+6050a44 for firmware version in the Bose Music app. I received the push notification from the app this morning about the new equalizer functionality, but I'm unable to find any option within the app to update it.

Also tried the Bose Updater app/webpage and it says the firmware is up to date. Am I missing anything?

Trying to help you...
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 28, 2020

Thanks for the advice, Andy.  I can confirm that I did everything that you asked in sequence, and I have the newest versions of the Music app and the NC700 firmware.  I still have problems (as detailed earlier in my other post) where my music pauses/re-starts after several seconds.  My other post details my observations and troubleshooting to help your software engineers.

One other interesting observation:

When I'm playing music (mp3 in my cellphone, no Spotify), when I hit the noise cancellation level button on the left earcup, my music app will show the correct levels as I cycle through the levels.  It tracks.

While the music is in the pause mode (caused by the NC700), when I hit the noise cancellation level button on the left earcup, the noise cancellation works fine (I hear the noise cancellation work) but my music app will NOT show the correct levels as I cycle through the levels.  The music app stops tracking.  That means during the NC700 triggered pausing of the music is be stuck holding my music in place and not able to send additional control info from the NC700 to the music app.

Sup57
Collaborator
Registered since

Feb 25, 2020

Checking in to say "Thank you Andy_B".  I have followed and performed the reset and clear process as you outlined above.  I also uninstalled and re-installed the Bose Music app before starting over from scratch.   My two a laptops and Android (Samsung S7) pair right up from the device side, however the app still seems to be struggling with connection to the headphones.  discovery, pairing and connecting through/from the app is still buggy.  I have experienced cases this morning where my laptop and phone have connected and I can join a call and receive audio or listen to music, but the app is still saying the the headphones are "Not Available" even while I'm using them.  If I leave the App, (to read mail, messages, etc., when I bring it back up I'm occasionally seeing "not available" again.  This is very frustrating.  It goes into "searching mode" for 30 seconds and returns "not available" as per above. A press and hold on the blue tooth button method  ("ready to connect another device") brings the connection back on the main app screen when I try doing it that way.   I was also seeing the battery issues:  different readings and never reaching full charge.  I'll monitor for a while and and get back to you with an update.   

Chookie
Contributor
Registered since

May 13, 2020

I just updated my headphones and now they suddenly keep restarting every 20 seconds. Not what I expected from a company such as Bose and 500 dollar headphones. I am quite upset as I cannot use my headphones anymore nor does the power button work when it's connected to my primary phone (Samsung S10+). The only way I can stop the restart is to connect my charger and wait for another restart loop or unpair my primary phone and wait for the restart loop. I managed to follow your steps to clear previous pairings and reset the headset, to no avail. I noticed it done this as soon as it paired to my S10+. I have the latest app. My other work phone (S7+) does not seem to have any issues. 

Edit: clarity after troubleshooting. Calmer tone following initial anger at problem.