Jan 15, 2020

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - 1.4.12 - May 12th 2020

OK I performed few more tests today.

First:

- Android Version app 3.3.4

- firmware 1.4.12.6283.9f658fd

- manufactured 2019/08/17

I performed a full reset procedure.

My headphones were around 19h battery life after a full charge before the firmware upgrade. Now they stuck at 16h31min after a full charge. At the moment of firmware push upgrade my headphones announced 7h00min battery life. Right after the upgrade they announced 3h00.

I have hiss problem on bass music with SBC protocol on Windows and Android.

On Mac OSX 10.15 and Android in AAC mode the quality is OK. No hiss. The problem is AAC on Android is known to be far way worst than SBC due to compression codec used. It's not the same as Apple.

Multipoint connection is definitely better now.

There is no difference anymore with ANC enable or disable on the sound coloration.

Before the firmware upgrade there were more bass without ANC(ANC completely disable, I don't talk about 0 mode ANC) than with ANC enable. It's better now in my point of view, can't hear any differences.

Hope this will help.

JackDee
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 31, 2020

Very basic EQ but better than nothing, and seems to be working. Haven't tested enough to comment on connection improvements.

Unfortunately, still no ability to turn off the ANC directly on the headset using the favorite button. Lame

amar85
Contributor
Registered since

May 13, 2020

++ 

i performed reset and no improvements. battery is full as per announcement yet the app shows 16 hours 34 mins!! really i hope thats a bug and i would still get 20 hours. 

VenusBlume
Participant
Registered since

May 13, 2020

It's nice that so many user requirements have been implemented, but unfortunately you still can't turn ANC off with a hardware button. Please forward this feedback to the developers. Unfortunately, it is very cumbersome if you want to jog and always have to open the app to turn ANC off. Please let me choose the ANC favorite: Off.

Officechris
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 2, 2020

Same issues here, stutter far more frequent on PC when using multipoint (PC/Android) every few minutes, tried reset, didn't work.

Desperately awaiting your proprietary UC Bluetooth dongle, but at this rate I don't really know if even that will fix these things.

avi_vatsa
Contributor
Registered since

May 13, 2020

I also upgraded to latest firmware. The equalizer though basic but works perfectly.

I noticed a strange thing while I am on a call and try to change between different ANC level, it does not give me any feedback of ANC level. This makes me uncomfortable that something has been destroyed with ANC. The problem is happening only during the calls. Please Bose fix this issue

superslowmotion
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 8, 2019

This update is horrible. I didn't get audio stutters when connected to both Mac and iPhone with the previous firmware 1.3.x, but with 1.4.12 I'm definitely getting it now. I also lose audio when switching from phone to laptop once in a while. Rolling it back to 1.3 and will sacrifice the EQ for now for stability. Come on Bose!

avi_vatsa
Contributor
Registered since

May 13, 2020

What is the way to roll back to previous version of firmware 1.3.1?

Sup57
Collaborator
Registered since

Feb 25, 2020

For BOSE:   Please consider making this an "official" option (rollback to previous  fw version) until things settle down.  I wouldn't mind going all the way back to the initial version and stepping through each update to test.   I would also add that I am one of the people who can confirm that my 700's, brand-new out of the box, had superior noise cancelling before taking their first mandatory firmware update.  They were dead-silent prior.  After that first update the the effect was like stepping it down from "10" to "8".     Find a new, never touched set still in the sealed box and try it for yourself.

Drew.S
Participant
Registered since

May 13, 2020

"The update pushed this morning to my S10+ and now the source page is completely blank. I am completely unable to select any connections. It's a white page with the word Bluetooth at the top. "

I'm having the same issue with a Galaxy S20, did you do anything in particular to fix this?