DutchUser2
Participant
Registered since

May 13, 2020

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - 1.4.12 - May 12th 2020

Unfortunately, this firmware update has made my experience with using the NC 700 much worse. When using the Headphones with a computer, every end of a video (e.g., when watching YouTube videos) as well as every change in time in the video (e.g., when skipping five seconds) is now interpreted as the end of a call, meaning that I get the end-of-call sound over and over again, at quite a high volume.

This behaviour shows up in multiple browsers and on multiple video platforms, so it is really about the Headphones.

It would be great if this can be solved, for example by making this sound optional, or by not interpreting the end of a video as the end of a call.

Thanks in advance!

Isaac Gazal
Participant
Registered since

May 13, 2020

Hello, as Im writing this it is May 13th, and I just discovered the update now as I just bought my Bose 700 headphones yesterday. They are on firmware version 1.2.6, and on the updater site, it doesn't give me the option to update it, even to 1.3.1.

I want to be able to update to firmware 1.4.12 now, and the updater site isn't showing that either, and I haven't received a notification from the Bose Music app either. My PC is an HP laptop, and my phone is an iPhone 7 plus. Both my devices are on their latest software.

I hope for this problem to be solved quickly.

Thank you.

lunchman
Enthusiast
Registered since

Feb 5, 2020

For those asking where the Equalizer is, it's under Settings/Sound.

Three  issues:

(1 ) Most apps, when providing a firmware update, allow the user to allow it or delay it.  I didn't see that option here, it just plowed ahead and performed the update.  Please consider this in future OTA updates. 

(2) During the update, the text stating it's in progress is white. That might be fine for black or silver headphones but mine are white, so the text is difficult to see as it blends into the picture. 

(3) One of the mods had asked if the app's battery indicator updates in real time.  Sadly, it doesn't appear to do so.  I've not yet powered off the headphones but no matter how many times I close and reopen the app, the battery life is at 16 hrs 54 min. (I believe I was seeing just over 19 hrs on a full charge with previous fw).

Ok, after turning the headphones off and restarting the app, the app still indicates 16:54.

I do appreciate the Equalizer, thanks for including it in the update. 

Additional 4th issue: Headphones seem to have turned off and then on again a few times since the update, I'll need to keep an eye on this.  Just did it twice again, this time with an annoying loud hum prior to shutting down. I may need to try a reset procedure to see if this clears this condition. 

BTW, using the Android app.

Isaac Gazal
Participant
Registered since

May 13, 2020

Thats exactly whats happening with me!

lunchman
Enthusiast
Registered since

Feb 5, 2020

Android app.

My mention earlier of the battery life not updating in real time can be ignored for the moment. For some odd reason, now it seems to be updating as expected. This is still one quirky app. I'll continue to monitor but the more pressing issue has been the spontaneous shutdowns, which haven't occurred since my previous post. 

Needless to say, my confidence in this product has been shaken. 

yashmak22
Participant
Registered since

May 13, 2020

Updated to this firmware, and all of a sudden 5h4 headphones randomly "BUZZ" abruptly and disconnect from my Galaxy S20, then it reconnects but no audio plays through even while it's connected, the headphones then become unresponsive to touch controls. Not sure what's up but HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED. Ironically, it works just fine on my iPhone/iPad.

jgspm
Participant
Registered since

May 2, 2020

Initial testing on upgraded firmware connected to phone and PC seems to be much more stable than before. Transition between the two devices when I pause on one and play on other does not seem to work consistently but at least I can connect to two devices now. Stutter and dropouts have also reduced. I did invest in a 1Mii audio transmitter to try and get a more stable connection so not sure if that is contributing or it is the firmware but given so much disappointment, I am just happy to have headphones that are actually usable given the price. 

UPDATE: Started to hear the occasional crackling like others have mentioned in the forum. However, still significantly better than the constant stuttering and dropouts experienced before.

vikasshankar
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 18, 2020

Looks like the NC700 got a firmware upgrade to resolve the multi point connection issues. 
Moderators, QC35 II has exactly the same issues - is an update in the pipeline for them?!?

avi_vatsa
Contributor
Registered since

May 13, 2020

Hello, I am also a proud owner of Bose ANC 700. I am sad with this update. Giving the Equalizer support is very welcome step and yes I admit it is impressive.

But how come the update is disturbing the other features. So far I noticed 2 important issues.

1. The battery level on full charge shows 17 hours 21 Minute. How come the battery capcaity got reduced after the update.

2. During a phone call, when I am switching the ANC levels, there is no level feedback from the lady. Even to me it looks this is not changing at all in a phone call.

I appreciate the new feature but Bose, please fix these issues asap else this would be my last bose product if the firmware update is going to be this bad with new updates.

I see many persons in the community also reported the same issues and even some more.

I hope and wish Bose engineers would fix it quickly.

GunnarIII
Participant
Registered since

May 13, 2020

@Sup57 is your phone running Android?

Unfortunately Android's Bluetooth layer is probably the issue. The OS has a hard time communicating a connection to third party apps. This does not have to be Bose's fault is what I'm getting at..

I got the same connection issues with the app as you describe on my OnePlus 6