wt-noware
Participant
Registered since

May 13, 2020

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - 1.4.12 - May 12th 2020

I can't believe this update, it is horrible. I didn't get audio stutters when connected to both Mac 10.15 and iPhone 10 with the previous firmware 1.3.x, but with 1.4.12 I'm definitely getting it now. Every two minutes it's happening. Terrible experience. I tried to disconnect from everything and setup from scratch, at first I thought it worked but it didn't. Still have the problem.

zpedrop
Contributor
Registered since

May 12, 2020

Hi Andy_B, thanks for your quick reply.

I followed your instructions and the problem persists. Every time I have two devices connected to the headphones there is a noticeable crackling noise/stutter happening from time to time during audio playback. One instance in which it happens consistently is when I switch the audio source from my iPhone to my Mac and vice-versa. 

Regarding the battery life, after a full charge the app states they have 17 hours and 14 minutes. They are brand new so it should not be from battery degradation.

UDPATE:

The stutter seems to be happening even when the headphones are connected to just one device, in my case a MacBook Pro.

Jessie_O

Hi there, @wt-noware

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with stuttering I'll be happy to help. 

I can see you have tried clearing everything. Did this include the pairing on both your source device and the NC700's? 

Let me know!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Sup57
Collaborator
Registered since

Feb 25, 2020

Hello Andy_B:  I have some results on the battery indication issue after  a re-set and clearing the headphones.   Starting at 7 hrs remaining as indicated by the both the App, and  the spoken headphone indication, I plugged them into the USB port on my laptop to recharge.  At full charge as indicated by the solid white LED,  the voice prompt at both power up and tap/hold right touch surface:   "battery full").  The app reading does not concur:  Battery level indicated there is:  16 hrs 34 mins.    This headset is a replacement for an issue I had with my first one.   There was no issue with the battery level reading on that one:  both always were in agreement other that the half-hour increment at time on the app reading.

As this is a fairly big dicrepancy between the two, can you advise which one would be the correct reading of the battery charge to go by?    Please note I was seeing this issue prior to the firmware update to 1.4. on this unit  Thank you.

wt-noware
Participant
Registered since

May 13, 2020

Hi @Jessie_O ,

My first test was only deleting the Mac 10.15 connection both from Mac's bluetooth settings and from Bose App. That didn't work.

Now I deleted everything:

1. Removed connections from Bose App both for iPhone and Mac.

2. Deleted the connection from Mac's bluetooth settings.

3. Deleted the connection from iPhone's bluetooth settings.

Then I redownloaded the app and setup everything. Since one hour, I didn't have any stuttering. But this happened in my first test as well, everything was perfect for first couple of hours. So I'll wait and see for a day if the above steps worked or not. Is there anything else that I should delete before setup?

Sup57
Collaborator
Registered since

Feb 25, 2020

Hi Gunnarlll:  Thank you for the reply.   Indeed, my phone is running Android Oreo.  I might agree with you except that I have other apps paired with my phone including Intellilink in my GM car for both Pandora and my phone, and both work flawlessly, including the phonebook download, voice dialing, etc. I have had up to four different apps talking to the car through my Android at times with no issues , including WAZE and Google Maps running  concurrently, so I am leaning toward the Bose music app as the suspect that doesn't seem to getting along with either the phone -or- it's own sibling: the 700's.   

Özgür
Contributor
Registered since

May 13, 2020

This is getting ridiculous. After hours of being plugged in to a charger (96 W macbook charger) I unplugged my headphones and turned them on. Result: 14 hours and 37 minutes reported by both the app and when I tap and hold the right earcup. I'm this close to sending the thing back to the store and going with Sony. And I really hate Sony sound. 

mjhilton
Participant
Registered since

May 13, 2020

My main usage for my NCH700s is connected to Surface Pro, playing music via Spotify and then jumping on and off Microsoft Teams calls all day (thanks a lot, COVID lockdown WFH).

Before today's update, I was legitimately about to send them back for repair - every time I joined a call, the first two minutes would be me having no call audio, toggling between the Stereo and Handsfree profiles on the PC to get the headphones to switch into handsfree mode properly so I could actually hear the call. It would often drop out at random or completely, mid call, as well. The only reliable thing about it, was it reliably failing to work.

Have been using the new update for majority of my working day today. Now, jumping between Stereo and Handsfree profiles(eg Stereo for Spotify and then auto switching to handsfree when a call starts), has been flawless all day. No more drop outs. It reliably switches profiles.
It finally just works. Thankyou so much for this update @Wayne_M!

As mentioned by others, there's still an occasional hiccup or audio stutter on the Stereo profile when listening to music which seems to be the multi-point connection (I leave both phone and laptop connected), but this has dramatically reduced in frequency and quickly recovers itself... Previously it would get stuttery and stay that way until I disconnected my phone's Bluetooth. The EQ is also quite nice. 

In summary, this has turned my experience around. Agree with all other comments, a little more comms around the fact these issues were actively being worked on would've gone a long way, but live and learn. 

Thankyou again! 

chercare
Contributor
Registered since

May 13, 2020

Hi @Jessie_O  and @Wayne_M 

Any recommendations on the multiple android users who reported loud buzzing sounds followed by the headphones turning themselves on and off? This is happening mine every 5 mins, making them unusable on bluetooth meaning I can no longer use ANC. Also the Bose Music app continues not to recognise when my headphones are already connected and playing music. 

I would like to talk with your product owner and/or test lead to understand how releases are managed. My sense is there is too much in this release and testing was rushed. This needs to be looked at as its unacceptable. 

I am running Android 9 on a Galaxy S8. 

Maahesh
Contributor
Registered since

May 7, 2020

It still doesn't fix the wind noise issue. SorSo ifwif you are working with the fan on your desk be prepared the other person on the line will hear a very bad dragging noise.

Turning ANC off will also do you no good the drag noise is persistent . Pleas fix the wind noise issue these are supposed to be the best noise cancellation on the market . I have the platronics legend which I used to check. And when I called with the platronics they actually eliminated tje wind noise completely. Bose we have high hopes alteast when we have spent $400 on these cans . Get the fix done ASAP . It's been more than a year people have complained are you even listening or do you have your ANC ON