Rana-b4523
Participant
Registered since

Feb 9, 2020

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - 1.4.12 - May 12th 2020

I have updated the firmware and App,

After the update i am experiencing call quality issues. I have tried to reset the device as per your instructions but it does nothing. no way to verify if the reset did happen. please advise next steps

XSakyo
Contributor
Registered since

May 13, 2020

Can I have an idea why my reply was delete?

As other people, I experienced issues since this update, my headphones turned off and on every minutes. I couldn't even use my headphones with my S10+. I also tried to add the product on the Music App but it didn't work, headphones turned off during the process.
I also tried to reset my product, but it doesn't seem to work...

ErnstB
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 20, 2020

I did a reset and now it seems te work perfectly - no hickups anymore. So for me, the new firmware is a great improvement. Thanks!

XSakyo
Contributor
Registered since

May 13, 2020

After a scare because my headphones didn't seem to work after the reset process (LEDs didn't work and the headphones wouldn't turn on), I did a reset process again and now headphones work perfectly.

It's very nice but what a job to get these headphones working properly.

mjhilton
Participant
Registered since

May 13, 2020

I had the exact same experience. Went to do the reset procedure, as soon as I plugged in the USB, all the lights completely died like the thing had short circuited or something. Wouldn't turn on, button presses did nothing. Followed the reset process again and it came back to life. Gave me a solid fright, bad user experience, but got there in the end. 

XSakyo
Contributor
Registered since

May 13, 2020

Glad to hear that your headphones are still alive!
Did it resolve all your problems? I'm always having issues with my S10+, but seems to work with my PC.

kevrraine
Participant
Registered since

May 14, 2020

Have you tied looking for it in settings

XSakyo
Contributor
Registered since

May 13, 2020

Yes, after many tries I successfully added the headphones on my phone, but it keeps turns off after a muffled bang. It seems to appear only with my phone.
It work fine with my PC. Strange....

Danfoss
Participant
Registered since

May 14, 2020

I had very big issues using the headphone on a Surface device (Skype/MS Teams/Music). Connection drops, not hearing any sound at all, unable to switch fluently to laptop sound and headphone and back. Not being able to switch to headset mode for a call while listening to music in headphone mode etc.

I got so fed up with that i only used the headphone and MS Teams on my android phone and disabled it on windows.

And then this update came in which mentioned all my issues in the changelog:

• Improved Bluetooth connection reliability
  • Better multi point functionality while video conferencing

• Fixes a stuttering audio issue when the headset is in multipoint with a Mac or PC
  • Improves the audio experience when using most video conferencing software
  • Fixes an issue where the headsets auto off timer could turn off headset during voice-over IP (VIOP) calls using video conferencing software
  • Fixes an occasional disconnection issues when in Multiple-Point

So i upgraded (4 times, update process is not working from phone when the phone goes to sleep) and behold! All my issues are solved. It now seems to work as i expected to be this way when i bought it last November.

Only thing is when device is on multipoint and headset mode on windows i get crackles when putting my phone in-out sleep. With device on headphone mode i don't have that.

My biggest other grunt is, why the hell did Bose ship the product last year without this firmware? For me it is still unacceptable that it had these issues in the first place.

DocTaH
Participant
Registered since

Sep 4, 2019

Bose team, you may want to get a survey to gather data on the issue.

My headphones are literally working perfectly after the app and firmware updates. I did not have to do any resets of any sort to get this to work. During all my Skype calls after the update, I have had no disconnects, no noises. I am connected to an iPhone 11 Pro, and a Windows 10 (Dell Latitude 7400). Both devices are running their latest OS updates, also updated the bluetooth drivers on the Windows laptop (although this was not necessary as it was working without the update driver). I also frequently switch to an iPad to connect and again, no issues. These are now the headphones I've wanted, perfect for work and play.

I don't know if I am having battery notification issues, as I actually don't pay attention to the battery.