Sup57
Collaborator
Registered since

Feb 25, 2020

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - 1.4.12 - May 12th 2020

Update:  Plugged my 700s in for a recharge:  Start: App:  16h37m.   Headphones: "16 hours"   Light on steady white after approx 2 hrs connecter:  App:  16h52m  Headphones:  "Battery full"    Uninstalled/reinstalled the App:  no change.    Sure wish could restore to the firmware version they had right out of the box.

Samsung Galaxy S7

Android V9.0 Oreo

Laptop: Windows 10 Home V1909 18363.836

Windows Updates and all mfg. drivers current;

Intel  BT and network drivers current

KVNH
Contributor
Registered since

May 14, 2020

My NC700 was updated yesterday to the new firmware (1.4.12), and the stutter problem is really bad. I am connected to an iPhone Xs Max (iOS 13.4.1)and a Macbook Pro (MacOS 10.15.4).

I had no stutter prior to the firmware update.

I have tried all the steps recommended here, and it has not helped. 

I called the support line, and that was a useless effort as well.

For a company selling premium headphones to push an update like this at a time when more people are relying on these devices to work from home is unacceptable.

Please put out a fix to the firmware ASAP!

Andy_B
Community Manager

Hey everyone,

Thanks for your comments. We've opened two separate threads below that we'd love for you to comment on with additional information in the instance that you have updated to 1.4.12 and are experiencing either of these difficulties.

Stutter when Connected to Multiple Devices

Reduced Battery Life Announcement

Please use this thread to discuss new/other issues that you encounter. Thanks!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
kyle-motter
Contributor
Registered since

May 14, 2020

The app force updated my headphones yesterday and ever since they will randomly restart (usually after making a loud buzzing noise).  They're essentially unuseable now, although still make for an expensive and eye catching paperweight.  This doesn't appear to be captured in your two new threads.

A reddit post appears to have the same issue, but I'd prefer not to use the firmware downgrade option. (https://www.reddit.com/r/bose/comments/giw1zz/problems_since_last_firmware_update_1412/)

thomasklee
Participant
Registered since

May 14, 2020

I have similar experience as well org hm  new update however right before the connection drops, I get his high pitch tone that omega for about 2 seconds. and he headphone restarts itself.  this occurs a few times a day with total lsitening one around 10 hrs. 

michaeltarr
Participant
Registered since

May 14, 2020

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - 1.4.12 - May 12th 2020 (won't update)

Hi

I have a "new" (well refurbished) pair of NC 700's.

I have the current iOS version of the Bose Music app

The NC 700's show as having firmware 1.2.6-.......

But the app does not show any available updates. I tried updating through btu.bose.com and the updater claims my NC 700's are running the current version of the firmware.

Some suggestions/help please! (I have had several issues the new firmware would fix)

thanks, Mike

chercare
Contributor
Registered since

May 13, 2020

Sorry @Andy_B but what about the issue with android devices that was raised my multiple users? Specifically loud buzzing followed by the headphones turning off and on again. As mentioned by myself and several other customers who have spent €€€ on Bose 700s, the headphones are now unusable on certain android phones. Moreover while asking the community to help resolve issues with this release, you will have the exact same issue with the next firmware release unless your dev and QA teams change how they work

jdlee13
Participant
Registered since

May 14, 2020

I also am using an S10 and have no problems connecting to the device, but the list of devices is completely blank. I also have no access to the equalizer. Very frustrating! 

lunchman
Enthusiast
Registered since

Feb 5, 2020

Android.

The loud buzzing, then the immediate restart of the headphones has now occurred three times in under 10 minutes today (yesterday as well), so I'll add my request to the mods for a separate topic to be opened for this particular issue. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

The headphones are now unusable. I updated the firmware today and now I have the same issue that some others reported: the headphones keep restarting themselves.

Upon turning them on, they starts as usual: Battery xx hours, connected to Galaxy S10:

- Case 1: they freeze after saying xx hours and then, after a noise, restart themselves.

- Case 2: they freeze after Galaxy S10 and then, after a noise, restart themselves.

On the device bluetooth settings, the headphones are connected but I don't hear anything. I tried to reset the headphones but it was not possible to do so.