Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 14, 2020

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - 1.4.12 - May 12th 2020

I have Bose music app v3.3.4 and updated my NC700 to latest firmware v1.4.12. Since then, I am having stutters all along randomly. I have these headphones connected to iphone XS and a Windows client. This has rendered them almost unusable, especially while gaming.

Kindly provide a fix soon or at-least provide an option to rollback the firmware to stable one.

RANT: I am surprised how Bose even allowed such firmware to be released in first place. May be release a beta version first next time before such things affecting large amount of consumers. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 14, 2020

I would love to try it....BUT I CANNOT CONNECT TO THE APP! waste of money. it's awful.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

May 15, 2020

I also had the reboot issue after update and actually returned the headphones because I thought it was a hardware issue.....

New replacement should be delivered later today but now I'm not sure what to do with them. I probably use them without app and voice assistant to make sure they don't get force updated.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 5, 2020

Slightly terrified of doing Bose updates now (after my QC35II experience). 
This update seems much better, loving the EQ although maybe make it quicker and easier to access? 
No issues with noise or restarting using Samsung S10+, cant comment on multipoint connections as I've never tried. 
Simple things to add maybe: 
Let users choose to update or not, also give a choice to downgrade. 
Test these updates outside of your normal testing pool before deploying, as it seems there are always issues you don't seem to pick up.

Just be a bit more open and transparent to your customers, this isn't a cheap product. 

Also let us turn ANC off with a button, why does everyone insist on sticking Google or Amazon assistant in everything!! i'm sure more people would use an ANC button that an assistant.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 3, 2017

Wow a $400 headphones is finally usable as it was intended for. 

Bose, whereas we welcome the update that finally solved the critical stuttering problem. It was seriously long overdue. You have got to speed up your technical team responsible for solving these issues.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 15, 2020

The update is great and mostly fixes the crackling sound that I have suffered from for the last 2 months while connected to two devices which made the headphones almost unusable for me and the situation was frustrating. However, I would like to point out that getting notifications on my MacBook Pro while using the headphones and only being connected to the Mac, still gives me random crackling. It was the case earlier since this whole crackling situation started with the earlier update, it is not new with the current update. These issues were completely non-existent with the first firmware that the headphones shipped with. I hope you are able to fix these bugs soon, the headphones hardware is really great and I enjoyed them a lot in the beginning. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 15, 2020

After the update my headphones will randomly disconnect audio from my BT device, even though the device and the Bose app show that I am still connected.  This has happened several times.  I've tried the reset procedure, but that doesn't make any difference.

I've also noted that a long press on the bluetooth/power button often fails to enable me to connect another device.  The headphones do not announce "ready to connect another device" and the long press makes no impact.  Only by turning the headphones off and back on again will I get the option to connect to another device.

I don't understand why the bluetooth connection is so buggy.  It is extremely frustrating.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Nov 25, 2019

Hi all,

after an intensive work day with headset connected with two devices, I can provide other feedback (unfortunately less positives of those in my previous post).

I used headset for Teams calls all the day. I had below problems:

• I faced stutter problem. It's a random problem that can happen during a call. Solution: Disconnect phone. I'm going to write in the dedicated thread
  • In Teams call I'm not able to hear the announcements like the battery level. Closed the call everything return normal
  • A reboot during a Teams call. After the reboot the headset wasn't able to connect with nothing. Solved shutdown it and restart.

I changed my opinion, and I believe there are huge problems with this multi connection. I hope that we should not wait 6 months to have an update. 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

May 15, 2020

Same exact issue. I had to return a faulty pair months ago. I received a new pair and haven't had a problem until updating yesterday. As soon as I did, connectivity, sound and connection/charging issues all came.

Hope there is an easy solve. I have tried to reset and it doesn't seem to be taking.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

May 15, 2020

I'm unsure how to update firmware from certain points. How can I put 1.3 on without it updating to 1.4?