lunchman
Advocate
Registered since

Feb 5, 2020

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - 1.4.12 - May 12th 2020

Re:

Hi Bose Support Team. 

This thread has 13 pages, I posted my issue about my headphones continuously restarting following this update all the way back on page 5 and I'm not the only one with this issue. Yet it appears to be getting ignored. I'm normally a patient person but your lack of response is making me angrier by the day. How can I make this more plain? I have not being able to use my headphones with my phone at all ever since updating the firmware last week. This appears a MAJOR defect in your new firmware. Can something be done about this issue and can it stop being ignored? Otherwise I will be forced to get a refund, never purchase a Bose product ever again and urge everyone I know to do likewise. 

Yours sincerely,

An angry customer. 

@Chookie , I started a separate thread just so this issue wouldn't get lost and buried within this one.  Search for the topic which contains "buzzing followed by a reboot". It's not a sticky thread, perhaps one of the mods will make it so,.

As you mention, this is what I would consider a class issue, meaning it's a product defect being experienced by many users. 

Chookie
Collaborator
Registered since

May 13, 2020

Thanks @lunchman 

I have posted my reply on your thread. Hopefully the issue can be resolved asap.

Best Regards,

Chookie

Mustafa Sirri
Contributor
Registered since

May 17, 2020

I have updated my Bose NC700 to use the Equalizer feature which you announced a few days ago. After that, I noticed that I'm losing my charge, and the headphone isn't charging at all. I tried plugging it in different USB ports and directly to electricity, but it didn't work. I noticed that when I plug it in, first it blinks in red then multiple blinks in white afterwards it disappears. I'm currently in Baghdad, Iraq and I don't know what to do.

willpowerwins
Participant
Registered since

May 17, 2020

When I am connected via bluetooth to my Macbook and watching Youtube videos, I often hear rustling through my Bose Headphones 700, which is very discomforting and leaves the product with a lesser premium quality. Also, as I have compared my headphones with others in the same price range, I noticed that mine have a huge lack in bass. As I have always been a loyal Bose customer, I really think that the 700 could do much better. As much as I appreciate the last firmware update with the added Equalizer, I really would desire a much stronger bass.

jtikey
Participant
Registered since

May 17, 2020

My headphones stopped working. They just turned off and when I try to turn them on, they blink in a white-red light 😞 Everything was fine before the update. I have warranty, but I'm not in the US 😞

rexyboy
Participant
Registered since

May 18, 2020

Since updating the firmware on my NC 700s and also the Bose Music app on my Iphone XS  I could not hear anything through the headphones anymore.    The iphone Bluetooth settings show the device is connected but no sound comes out.       I have tried restarting the headphones and also clearing the Bluetooth device list on the headphones.  Nothing worked.   Apps like Spotify did not even show the headphones as a valid output device.

I decided to delete the Bose Music app completely,  remove all the devices from my phone and start again.   I went through the whole app installation again and then tried to connect.    The same Bluetooth came up requesting a pair for the low energy (LE) device and they finally worked again.

Quite annoying as this all took some time but thought other people with the same issue might find this useful. 

I got a message I'd never seen before after I first connected them to to phone saying 'LE Bose NC 700 would like to pair with your iphone' .    I press pair and now I see two bluetooth devices  on the device list of my phone but still no sound.  

avi_vatsa
Contributor
Registered since

May 13, 2020

Hello Bose, 

Its very annoying that you send an update and the update looks not tested properly. Its is rather destroying many useful features of this expensive headset. Most imporatnt of them is the reduced battery capacity.

People are sending messages on this form but no reply yet from Bose. Please let us know if we keep on banging our head or some solution would be provided with some further update.

Please acknowledge and let us know if Bose is really looking into the problem or not.

I was planning to buy Bose sound bar 700 set but now I am very much shaky with this kind of software update that could even destroy your gadget features.

Nischaynshah
Participant
Registered since

May 18, 2020

Hi,

I updated my NC 700 last week. I’ve noticed the following issues since then -

1. Battery Life reduced from 20 hrs to 17 hrs immediately

2. Sound keeps breaking intermittently while connected to the device

3. Persistent connection issues with the BOSE App.

Anybody else facing this issue and can help please?

Cheers,

Nischay 

Aristotle
Contributor
Registered since

May 15, 2020

it seems like an issue too many are experiencing.

Bose, can you please at least remove the firmware and go back a version until this is fixed for good?!

matt_
Collaborator
Registered since

Jan 27, 2020

Hi updated the Bose nc700 to latest firmware, now when I am on a Webex or normal voice call the NC button does nothing, I used to be able to turn NC off or toggle between my pre saved NC settings but now absolutely nothing happens.

its like you haven’t tested the firmware update ??

Bose tech support please advise how I should fix this, I’d like to put the old firmware back on is that possible

thanks Matt