Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

May 13, 2020

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - 1.4.12 - May 12th 2020

I've recently found another issue with this pair of headphones, but I'm not 100% sure it's caused by this firmware update since the update came pretty soon after I picked them up. The problem arises when I am connected to my macbook and not playing any video or sound. If I then tap and hold the right earcup to get a battery announcement, after the announcement my macbook will open up the Apple music app. I don't use that app and find it very annoying that I have tot quit it every time. I'm guessing the headphones are sending a pause command before the announcement and a play command afterwards. The play command triggers macOS to open up the music app. I know it's not necessarily a problem caused by the headphones, but hope there's a way to fix this. I'd rather have the headphones just mute the sound during the battery announcement than pause and play.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 24, 2019

Wow, maximum charge for me is now 14 hours and used to be 18+ hours. 

Multi-point connection is not improved, neither is connection to the app.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 19, 2020

Funny that I get the opposite when I get a call, no announcement just the phonenumber read to me

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 27, 2020

Update , (no reply from bose support as yet)

the NC does appear to be working I just can’t hear the audible prompts for it when on a call - bose support please respond

Thanks

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 11, 2020

I upgraded about a week ago to the 1.4.12 firmware. The static noise when connected to multiple devices has been eliminated for me.

However, I am also experiencing the loud buzz/restart issue that several others have already reported.  It doesn't matter how many devices I'm connected with.  FWIW, I'm using a Pixel 2 Android 10 and it always seems to be in play when the issue occurs.  It also seems to occur shortly after connecting to the phone or when starting a call.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 21, 2020

Since I updated the firmware (a few days ago) Noise Cancelling seems to work less efficient than before:

Before, while sitting on my balcony, cars passing by sounded like electrical cars. I was impressed, I didn't hear the engine at all, only a light sound of the wheels (as electric cars). Since a few days, I realized that I can hear the engines very well !!! Actually NC 10 sounds like NC 5.

I am very disappointed. I read that sometimes it is said that ears get used to it, but I cannot understand why ears would change from one day to another and in that case I would not recommend this product: expensive for only 2 weeks of full pleasure.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 17, 2019

When are we going to see an update to be able to switch between devices right on the headphones.  This issue has been around from day 1 and I have yet to see anyone address this huge oversight.  I love the sound, can’t return them, but this feature is so frustrating, I’m willing to waste my money on another brand just because this is such a necessity.  

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 23, 2020

Are they any recorded issues involving headphones not updating to current firmware? The app claims I am up to date, but the firmware displayed is 1.2.6.1699. I've also attempted to update manually.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 23, 2020

Sorry if I'm posting the same question in multiple threads, but I'm not getting on top of it and I'm on the verge of sending my nc700 back.

I didn't test on the old firmware since I got them last saturday and updated right out of the box.

When I'm on a call (pixel 2) I can hear the traffic around very loudly but only from the left side, the right side is fine. I have self voice set to high, is that a normal behavior or should I return them?

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

May 23, 2020

As of may 22, my NCH 700 have stopped working. They turn off immediately after the power button is pressed. They make the power on and then the power off sound. Blinking white & red light. See this thread: https://community.bose.com/t5/Around-On-Ear-Headphones/Bose-700-turns-off-immediately-after-turning-...
Had them for about 3 months. Someone said it is a firmware issue; Bose please rollout the fix.