Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 24, 2020

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - 1.4.12 - May 12th 2020

Hi Bose Team

I'm facing similar issue than Chookie. Since I've updated my Bose Headphone 700 to Firmware 1.4.12 I faced following issues:

• Much more battery drain (reduced usage hours from 20hrs to 14!) -> obviously lot of other users did discover the same at least here is something going on
  • When power on , the headphone connects to the last two devices, a PC running Windows 10 and a Mobile Samsung Galaxy A8. However after a few minutes the head phone suddenly reboots. This is kind of a loop and it keeps rebooting every 2 - 5 min. With a little of luck I can escape the rebooting cycle by connecting via the app. Then the headphones will work for a few hours but may reboot again! => this behavior is totally unacceptable and makes the headphones useless!!
  • on top of that  I get Stutter when Connected to Multiple Devices more often than before! Especially then the Bose app seems to be communicated with the device but streaming is coming from the PC!

I've tried lot of things and wasted multiple hours by debugging the headphone. Reset, reconnect, reset device list etc did not solve the issue.

I really looked forward to get the long missed EQUALIZER feature and bug fixes for stutter and get even more improved multiple device connection experience by the firmware update 1.4.12.

Unfortunately for me the firmware 1.4.12 turned out to be a nightmare and I'm now very disappointed by my Bose 700 headphones!

Honestly with the current firmware they're not worth what they cost by far and it's a shame that a company like Bose does not test the firmware more in detail prior official release!

I mean for enthusiasts, that like to test for you, you could give a pre release. But please  don't mess up costumers devices which would like to use them for work and relay on them, with an incomplete obviously not extensive tested firmware!

My next step is to try to downgrade to the Firmware 1.3 in order to use the headphones. 

I hope that your firmware engineers are working hard on a complete fix of their disaster and test more in detail! Take note that the multiple device connection is one of the selling points compared to competitors such as SONY! So keep in mind to get it working else I've to recommend any person  to better buy a Sony product than a Bose unless they want to be disappointed .

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

May 23, 2020

I'm going to return my headphones (within warranty) and have them replaced with (hopefully) an older firmware version, since

- Bose doesn't allow downgrades anymore

- Bose doesn't come forward with an actual plan for fixing the issues. They're used to taking their time between releases and I'm not waiting 7 months for a fix.

- As a generic signal - the product is broken. Fix it or replace it. It probably won't really cost them much, but still. This is not the quality I paid for

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

May 18, 2020

Totally agree ... the product is not worth owning with all of the problems introduced.

The unofficial down grade worked worked for me [previously posted] but you need to do what's best for you

one caution on returning the head set, i think that I read that Bose can [and probably will] replace with a refurbished headset, its their option

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 27, 2019

I preordered these headphones last year having faith in a reputable brand. That faith has now been lost.

I'm at a loss of words as to how Bose could have releasesed a product as buggy as these. Every update is a can of worms bringing a whole host of other issues.

If Bose wants to do right by their customers. Fix the problems in a timely fashion or offer us the option for a refund.

Until then, I will be second guessing purchasing any future products from Bose.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 26, 2020

Blinking red white led error can be solved with a downgrade but Bose prefers to delete user post rather than provide guidance and support.

Bose is using us as beta testers... Shame on you Bose
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

May 7, 2020

Shame on bose .. I want my refund the headsets won't start after the update and after implementing the steps that are described here .

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 28, 2020

Mine is an expensive paperweight now too.. red and white flashing LED, immediately powers down. 

Has been randomly powering down in the lead up to this too, super annoying when on work calls.

Might be time to get a refund and go with Sony!

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

May 28, 2020

We get it Bose. Sometimes firmware updates / software development goes wrong. It’s basic software 101 to ROLLBACK or release a hot fix.

I love my 700’s but there’s no excuse for untested firmware like this. You need to get a fix out asap. 

You also seriously need to review your testing and verification processes. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 28, 2020

The 1.4.12 firmware update has not fixed the stuttering audio issue when connected to multiple devices. Never had a problem before the former firmware update that caused that issue. The battery level issue seems to be fixed, but I'm much more interested in getting the audio issue fixed. Please continue to work on it, thank you.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

May 23, 2020

Does the "Bose Music" app update automatically or can I block the update?

I received my replacement Bose NC 700 headphones since the 1.4.12 update broke my current ones (the battery level). Fortunately they have a pre-1.4.12 firmware and batterylevels are as to be expected

However, the Bose Music app, when opened is already "preparing update".

I wouldn't want to software-damage these headphones as well, so I don't want the update.

Will the app force the firmware to my headphones? Or will it ask for explicit confirmation before installing the update? In other words, can I safely continue to use the bose music app?