May 28, 2020
So when's the "hot fix" for the stuttering, battery problems, and bricking issues coming Bose? It's been 3 weeks....
Jun 3, 2020
I'm having issues with my replacement headset after software upgrade.
1. Headphones are constantly restarting and are not holding a Bluetooth connection.
2. Audio suddenly switches over to Mono mode and stays that way.
3. Cannot use Google assistant as my voice assistant as I have to set it up every time I open the app.
4. App not detecting headphones
5. At 100% charge the headphones last only 17 hours (Voice prompt mentions 17 hours).
6. Unable to perform a software reset on the device using the "Hold Bluetooth button while plugging cable" technique. It just doesn't work for me.
This has been an ongoing issue for me ever since I updated my headphones to the latest build. I had to return my previous pair as they had the same issue after the update. I received the replacement today and this appears to have the exact same set of issues.
Require assistance on what could be done as I'm pretty sure that this indeed is a software issue.
Post Upgrade to firmware 1.4.12, The headphones only show a charge of 16 Hours, and Not even 2 minutes after connecting to my phone/laptop it generates a screeching static noise and starts to reboot. After reconnecting, it only stays on for another few minutes and the same process repeats over and over again rendering the headphones useless for use.
Platforms: Win10 and Android
Device Firmware: 1.4.12
Bose Music Android ver: 3.3.4
I had returned my initial Bose NC 700 as it had encountered the exact same issue and I received my replacement today. The previous firmware on this worked stable upon 2 hours of initial testing but Bose Music doesn't give me the option to turn off Auto-update, the device happened to automatically update itself and received the new firmware (1.4.12) following which I started experiencing the same issue as I did with my previous headset.
1. Tried to perform a reset by using the "Hold Bluetooth button and plug the cable" method. But the device isn't getting reset. "The Blue Bluetooth light never flashes with this method".
2. Cleared the entire device list, reinstalled the app, and did a fresh install - Still no luck.
3. Turned off Noise Cancellation - No Luck
4. Tried to switch voice assistants to check if voice assistant could be causing this - No Luck
Questions to Bose Support:
1. I see the issue being faced by multiple users. Could you give us the option to downgrade to the previous version?
2. Is the next Firmware due for release anytime soon? Is this issue being addressed in the next update?
3. Unable to connect to the Bose Music Android App. The chances of the headphones connecting to the app are 10:1. What is being done to address this?
4. Since this is my second replacement, what should be my next course of action? Should I return this device or is there a workaround that I could implement for stability.
All in all, the headphones worked great without these issues. But with the plethora of issues currently on the device with slow firmware upgrade releases from Bose is making me have second thoughts of retaining this device.
Jun 4, 2020
The volume level keeps changing itself since I installed this firmware update. It just increases and decreases randomly. So frustrating.
Jun 4, 2020
Maybe I’m going crazy but my new 700 just updated itself through the app to the latest firmware. I tried the EQ a bit and it seemed like the neutral sound of before is not returning. Almost like the EQ is hanging despite me resetting everything to zero again, anyone else has this? Furthermore I also suffer from the battery/ charging problems. I hope Bose is coming with a fix soon
Jun 5, 2020
Since this update I've been having a bug: whenever I turn them on, the voice always says the remaining battery and then cuts off before saying to what device it is connected. After a couple of seconds the headphones automatically restarts without the "off sound", and it keeps on restarting, again and again, every 5-10 seconds, which makes it impossible to use them.
It happens with all my devices: android phone, mac laptop and desktop mac.
Please fix this bug!
Jun 5, 2020
@bose can you advise when a fix is coming out to resolve all the issues that 1.4.12 has brought with it? My headphones have become absolutely useless because they keep blinking white/red. This firmware was released 3 weeks ago, which is totally unacceptable by your standards.
Jun 5, 2020
I just bought a Bose 700 headphones,s version 220.127.116.1183.9f658fd, when i'm connected to my Samsung Galaxy Note 9 and my PC, after a while the headset stops working, or it's rebooting itself, after reboot i have to pair it again with the phone, and bricks the bluetooth on the PC (I have to reboot the PC to actually reconnect to the headset) two PC's same thing.When i'm connected to the PC and the Phone and i play some music on youtube(PC), and my phone starts ringing in some cases the headphones reboot themself. My first charging session ended with 70% battery and red/white blinking led.
Sometimes I can use the headphones 3-4 hours, but sometimes they reboot or stop playing in 20-30 minutes.
When the connection is lost from PC the headphones keep rebooting.
Jun 6, 2020
I have a similar issue. 700s connect ok to iPad and iPhone. However, when I try and connect to my Panasonic TV (having disconnecting from either phone, iPad or both) they headphones seem to connect but don’t stated device name. They then reboot (startup tone heard) constantly every 5 seconds or so. I have to turn off TV before I can get the headphones in a position to be able to even turn them off.
I cannot reset through procedure suggested on site as I never get the flashing blue light when turning on as connecting cable to headphones.
Jan 3, 2020
Jun 6, 2020
Purchased a brand new pair of nc700s today and they work as intended BUT they will not update to the newest firmware. The current firmware says "1.1.4-1144+be3bf4b" and will not update to 1.4.12. I've attempted to update through Bose Music app on my iPhone 11 and iPad Pro, as well as manual updating via macbook and Bose Updater, which also fails.
Judging by the issues everyone else is having, I'm not in any sort of rush to update until the bugs are worked out, but the fact that they won't update right out of the box isn't very assuring. Hoping to get it straightened out soon, otherwise I may be forced to return them.