Contributor
Registered since

Aug 15, 2019

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - 1.4.12 - May 12th 2020 ***UPDATED JULY 2, 2020***

So any updates Bose? Even just to let us know this issue isn’t just sitting in a backlog grave because “only a small portion” of customers are impacted? 

I’m glad that just this week, I was able to prevent 7 of my co-workers from buying your products just by telling my horror story & pointing them to this forum. That’s in addition to the 50+ others in the past couple months. They all bought Sony or another competitor product and are very happy with their purchases! Now I know that’s not a lot of people in the grand scheme of things but word spreads. Keep it up Bose!

Contributor
Registered since

Jul 23, 2020

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - 1.4.12 - May 12th 2020 ***UPDATED JULY 2, 2020***

Hi!

Any news about when a non-buggy firmware update will be available? We've been waiting for too long, now... Give us some information, please!

Best,

Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Apr 3, 2018

Hi all,

Thank you for your comments. I would like to confirm that our engineering team is still very much hard at work and we will update you as soon as possible. Please note that if you are currently experiencing an issue with your headphones not turning on and/or a blinking LED we invite you to join this thread, which is dedicated to this issue.

Thank you all for your patience.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile hereNew to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Contributor
Registered since

May 8, 2020

@Anne_S ,

Thanks for the update. 

With the current update (1.4.xx), I have less battery life (and a max announcement of 17 hours) and stutters when connected to two devices  

As a result, I only connect to one device at a time. The multipoint function does not work correctly. 

Once, the errors are fixedwith this version, we need the ability to switch device connected via Bluetooth from the headset (similar to the QC35) with needed the app. Thanks for all the hard work. 

Contributor
Registered since

Dec 10, 2017

Can you just open source the firmware code so more people can review it / possibly propose the fix?

Contributor
Registered since

Aug 15, 2019

Re: Bose

No status? No ETA? What else could be higher priority when this issue (among all the others plaguing the NC700) has such a large impact? I’m at my wits end with these things.
The ANC quality is so degraded that it’s on par with my spare set of headphones which are COWIN E7 Pros and were $35 on sale (and still only $70 MSRP). And the best part? The first pair I received had very disappointing ANC and other bugs but I totally understood the fact that they are $70 headphones but still had great sound quality for the price. I still left a positive review on Amazon but explained the issues in depth. Well, within 2 days, COWIN contacted me directly and said they were able to reproduce the issues I explained. Within 2 more days, they released a firmware update and upgraded foam pads. They thanked me for helping them and, without me even asking, sent me a brand new set of headphones with the new firmware and pads at no charge as compensation for the inconvenience. They told me to keep the original set so I could compare them against the new ones before updating the firmware. Amazingly, they actually fixed the problem and the ANC performed extremely well. So Bose, you’re telling me that a Chinese company selling $70 headphones that relies solely on volume sales and undoubtedly has significantly less engineering & customer support resources are able to not only fix the problem in 2 days but take the time to directly contact a customer and make them happy? 

It’s clear that Bose does not stand by their products or care about their customers. How can I get a refund due to manufacturer defect? 

Contributor
Registered since

Jul 28, 2019

Spoiler
Any news Bose. Seeing that this bug is client facing, I presume it is a P1 defect. That means you have people 24 /7 looking at this issue. It is even more worrying seeing that this is your flagship model. Did this skip QA? Seeing that a lot of people has got the same issue, why was it not easily picked up by Bose itself?  

At least give your clients some sort of timeline. That fact that you keep quite for almost a month now is even worse than the issue itself. We pay a lot of money for your products and just keep us in the loop, and not the standard response "We are still working on the issue".

On another note please stop sending your clients from one thread to another. Almost seems like you don't know what you are doing and you are waiting for the public to come up with a fix. If that is the case open source your firwmare and you will probably have a fix in place earlier.
Participant
Registered since

Jul 28, 2020

Bose Support said that they’re reevaluating the new firmware version 1.4.12 and there won’t be any option to upgrade from 1.3.1 version who purchased the headphones recently.

Contributor
Registered since

Jul 28, 2019

LOL Bose support. 

As far as I can see the clients are helping more than bose support.

Support is probably a call centre.

Participant
Registered since

Apr 23, 2020

Looks like this will be my last Bose headset. Support is abysmal and acts at glacial speed. Whatever the development team came up with was certainly not with customers' needs in mind. I couldn't care less about all the gimmicks. In fact, all these annoying sounds that are too loud anyways need to be gotten rid of at once.

I am a loyal customer to Apple, but my loyalty has its bounds. As with Bose, this is the last straw on the camel's back. The competition has caught up and this puts a major dent in Bose's reputation in my eyes.