rafcosta
Participant
Registered since

Jul 29, 2020

BOSE NC 700 - Unable to update firmware from 1.3.1 to last

Hello,

I have a set of Bose NC 700 Headphones with firmware 1.3.1 and wanted to update to last one to correct the multi-connection bugs. For some reason, the update does not appear on the Music App and using the computer updater doesn't work either (says no updates available). What should I do?

Thanks,

RC

madbooba
Advisor
Registered since

Mar 16, 2020

Re: BOSE NC 700 - Unable to update firmware from 1.3.1 to last

@rafcosta,

Actually it's better for you. You should know that firmware 1.4.12 is retired due too many serious bugs. It could be even brick your headphones.
Please search the forum. Below some of them:

Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - Stutter when Connected to Multiple Devices  

Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - Reduced Battery Life Announcement  

Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - 1.4.12 - May 12th 2020 

rafcosta
Participant
Registered since

Jul 29, 2020

Ok. I didn't knew that. Thank you.

GLC222
Enthusiast
Registered since

Mar 9, 2020

I am confused about this. I have the latest 1.4.XXX firmware that causes all of these problems including potentially bricking one's headphones. So far my headphones are working. When I went to Bose updater it said I had the latest update, but did not offer to revert back to the previous version. It seems to me that sure, one would not want to update to the bad version if on the previous version, but also given potential to permanently damage the headphones should we not all be reverted back to 1.3.XXX via the updater so more folks don't have their headphones become non functional?

raimiza
Contributor
Registered since

May 14, 2020

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - 1.4.12 - May 12th 2020 ***UPDATED JULY 2, 2020***

As I see this Bose should stop all sales of NC700 and recall this product. I'm on 3rd pair of NC700 previous two got "bricked" by firmware (red/white led). This set of headphones works fine, but I use them only with PC and have not registered/connected to application or Phone. I'm afraid that of I will do so these will fail too. So for 300+ $ product this is unacceptable... info I can't get refund ..

madbooba
Advisor
Registered since

Mar 16, 2020

Of course we should all be reverted back to 1.3.XXX, that would be nice and more secure, but for some unknown reason Bose didn't developed reset function, and I have to say it's frighteningly strange...😕

It's like a lottery ... a vicious circle.

Wayne_M
Lead Community Manager

Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - 1.4.12 - May 12th 2020 ***UPDATED JULY 30, 2020***

Today we released firmware 1.5.1 to address the issue with red and white blinking lights. If you are experiencing the red and white blinking LED indicator and are on firmware 1.4.12, you can update to firmware 1.5.1 at btu.bose.com. This should then allow you to press the power button to clear the indicator and resume using the headset. If you are on 1.4.12 and are not experiencing the red and white error, we recommend updating the firmware via the Bose Music App.

As it is no longer possible to update to 1.4.12, and those on 1.4.12 can now update to 1.5.1, this thread will be locked. We encourage you to post your experiences with 1.5.1 in this thread,

Thanks!   

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply. If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Mickael11
Participant
Registered since

Aug 22, 2020

Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - 1.4.12 - May 12th 2020

Hello,

I would like to update my Headphone 700 to the newest firmware and have the new EQ feature but my unit won't update to the latest firmware.

Indeed, it seems stuck in 1.3.1 and I tried the latest android app as well as the online Software Updater but both tells me that I am on the latest update.

What should I do to install this new firmware ?

Thanks for your help !

Mickael