How about the many cases I have read about customers/users having a decent and well working pair of expensive headphones (which I use for my business) and then as soon as the firm was updated:
what about the turning on/off, not connecting and then connecting, and not being able to reset in any way after the update?
I'm having the same issues. My headphones work great on everything except for my iMac, but prior to the update they worked perfectly on all of my devices.
May 15, 2020
I've been having the random buzz/reboot issue that many others are reporting. However as I received my headset on the 13th, I never got to try them with the stock firmware.
In any case I discovered that disconnecting my Samsung Gear watch from my phone stopped the reboots. Completely. Previously any time Google Assistant so much as looked at my headset it'd reboot. And randomly when listening to music.
I've since reinstalled the Bose Music app and reconnected Google Assistant both of which now work when they wouldn't before.
I wonder how many of the people having this issue are also running smart watches?
Whenever I use my headphones on my Mac it is crackling, monotone and sounds muffled and distant. I tried resetting my headphones to no prevail. Is there going to be a fix for this? I notice others are having issues with iMac's as well. It works just fine on my iPhone and iPad.
Any assistance would be great, thanks.
Nov 22, 2019
Feb 25, 2020
**Update to my previous post a few posts back** See previous for device specs and results.
I ran another battery charge test and wanted to post the findings:
Start of charge: App indication: 16h38m. Voice announcement: "16 Hours".
Charge method: Laptop USB port with Bose cable
Time to solid white led full charge indication: 2.5 hours.
Total time connected to USB port: 3.5 hours
Results: App indication: 16h46m. Voice announcement: "16 hours"
This is not good. Despite all of the issues reported, I would like to add that the sound quality of these headphones is -outstanding-. No surprise there really: they're a Bose product. At times it sounds like the music is coming in from a full 360 degrees. But I'm also disappointed in the noise cancelling performance though. Even on level 10: I can hear all of the common household and outside sounds around me. The noise is reduced, but not even close to eliminated. I'm using these as part of my work-from-home tools for conference and video calls and so the noise cancelling is very important. I have had Bose noise cancelling headphones before, and they delivered -silent- performance. I have used them in the past for flying as part of my standard kit, and you need that when listening to ATC during the peak times. They delivered.
May 13, 2020
Hi, if your headphones work well with the new update, can you tell us what firmware did you have installed on the headphones before upgrade? I am trying to see if the random buzz and reboot issue is for updating from version 1.3.1.
May 13, 2020
Hi Bose Support Team.
This thread has 13 pages, I posted my issue about my headphones continuously restarting following this update all the way back on page 5 and I'm not the only one with this issue. Yet it appears to be getting ignored. I'm normally a patient person but your lack of response is making me angrier by the day. How can I make this more plain? I have not being able to use my headphones with my phone at all ever since updating the firmware last week. This appears a MAJOR defect in your new firmware. Can something be done about this issue and can it stop being ignored? Otherwise I will be forced to get a refund, never purchase a Bose product ever again and urge everyone I know to do likewise.
An angry customer.
Yes!!! ME AS WELL!
I have a couple pairs of headphones, but if I didn't this would have been detrimental to my business.
Please let me know if there is anything I can do. I have tried restarting them 20 times. to no avail.
AGAIN, worked great up until the minute I installed the update.
This needs to be addressed!
Feb 19, 2020
Here are some views on update 1.4.12 regarding my use on Huawei P30 PRO, iMac and MacBoook Pro.
There are quite a few changes in favor against the previous version 1.3 which was rubbish.
In order following the functions of the app:
1. They connect to the Bose app the first time but if I go back to the app after a few minutes it shows me "not available" I have to close the app and try again. They should stay connected to the app.
1. Noise Cancellation improved in that I don't have to take two rounds for it to activate, but I notice that at level 10 it's not as powerful as before.
2. Equalizer, THANK YOU! I still need to refine on my part .. But I notice that if I put the maximum or low or mid (+) the sound is distorted !!!
3. It is no longer possible to increase the volume to 100% on my smartphone or computer since it also distorts the sound, it is heard well at 80% volume.
4. At the moment I have them like this: Bass +5, Mid +2, Treble 0
1. Automatic shutdown finally works!
2. The shortcut continues to fail, I select the battery level option and each time I turn on the headphones the activation word is established. It doesn't respect my settings.
1. Funcona well, previously I had no problems with connection or audio on calls.
2. Connected with two devices when switching it may take time or slow to detect which device has audio. But I think it is normal.
1. It works better, Alexa can now be configured with the app. Previously, it could not be established or disconnected.
1. I don't like how it is handled when you change gear, the music or call is interrupted.
1. Maximum charge is 17 hours, previously it was more than 20 hours ... We lost more than 3 hours of battery?
I would like the conversation mode to work faster and more efficiently without having to complicate leaving the button pressed for a few seconds ... There are times that it is activated and after two seconds the audio returns.
Hope you can polish this update better and it won't take another 6 months to fix it.
I appreciate the best performance in this update. Regards. 👌