Highlighted
Lead Community Manager

Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - 1.7.0 - September 14th 2020

On September 14th, 2020, we are releasing new firmware for the Noise Cancelling Headphones 700. This update can be made through the Bose Music App and the Bose Updater Site.  

This new firmware will reintroduce the features added in 1.4.12 to all users, reduce instances where the battery is not announced as full, improve Bluetooth connection reliability, as well as include the fixes included in 1.5.1. Please make sure you have updated to the latest Bose Music App release to enjoy the new equalizer feature.

Firmware Versions:
Noise Cancelling Headphones 700:  1.7.0

Features:

• Adjustable Equalizer: Personalize the audio on your NC700 Headphones from the Bose Music App. This includes adjusting bass, mids, and treble. Download the Bose Music app and give this feature a try! 
    Wayne_M_0-1600100219651.png

China only

• Access to Tencent’s Xiaowei voice assistant.  With the Xiaowei voice assistant, you can use your voice to accomplish various tasks such as start and control music from QQ Music, change the volume, and ask questions.  

Bug Fixes and Enhancements:

• Bluetooth connection reliability
  • Improvements to incorrect battery level announcements 
  • Improvements to red and white LED error occurrences
    • If you are experiencing the red and white blinking LED indicator, pressing the power button will clear the indicator and you can resume using the headset.
  • Improvements to audio “stuttering” during VOIP calls in multi-point mode 
Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
220 REPLIES 220
Participant
Registered since

Sep 14, 2020

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - 1.7.0 - September 14th 2020

Following this firmware update, I'm having an issue. I can still connect to two Bluetooth sources, but one of them is always considered active regardless of whether it's actually playing anything, so the other source can't be used. I have to use the Bose Music app to connect to one source at a time.

How do I roll back?

UPDATE:

After a couple of days, the issue of switching streams seems to have improved. I'm not sure what would have changed, but now if one stream is idle for a few seconds, it will switch over to the other stream, which is what I'd expect. It's slower than before, but if this is meant to fix the stuttering issue, I can live with waiting a few seconds for a stream to go inactive.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 14, 2020

I am excited about this update. I am hoping it is stable.

Fingers Crossed.

Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Mar 16, 2020

Anyone else updated? It's safe? 🙄

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 14, 2020

I installed the new 1.7 software using the Bose Music Android app. The installation was successful. But now, the 700 turn off and on by itself, creating a multiconnection problem with my Android 10 and PC. In the past, the 700 worked great with my android phone and did have some voice sound issues with my PC. However, now it does not have a stable connection with my android phone, but it has improved the voice sound and connection with my computer. What I'm doing wrong? Please, advice.

Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Mar 16, 2020

'I'm having an issue'

'This update destroyed my Bose 700'

begins.png

crying-149448_640.png

                                    

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 5, 2019

Strangely, on my Android phone, the Google Assistant asked me to do the update, and it took around 10 seconds, vs 10 minutes when I've done updates before on the Bose app.

Should I be concerned? App does say the headphones are on 1.70

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 6, 2020

My device has been updated and is working fine.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 14, 2020

I see the same behavior as xylo04 reports. 

The app is showing an active stream even though nothing is playing on my Macbook Pro. It won´t let me listen to my iPhone even when the 2 of them show as connected.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 7, 2020

lol, the most dangerous update - will it fix or will it destroy the 700....I will wait to see what other say before updating.