Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

May 28, 2020

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - 1.7.0 - September 14th 2020

FINALLY. We've been waiting since MARCH. Yes 6 months to fix these issues.

Let's hope that Bose has actually solved them... and that this isn't another cluster of a mess.

Collaborator
Registered since

Jun 9, 2020

Maybe it is too early to tell the good news. Though the update took almost 30 mins to complete, I did not experience any stutter for the last 1 hr since I have been listening to the music. Normally, with the old firmware, I would have heard the stutter at least like 15 times. Even the equalizer seems to be good. Thanks for the update Bose.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 14, 2020

Update went smoothly for me.  They are still working.  Now to play with the new feature...

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 3, 2020

Yeah still transferring the update, whatever that means.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 14, 2020

Mine keeps saying updated. It is running 1.3.1-2028. What is going on? Bose app updated on mobile phone.... This reliability sucks! Anyone can help please? 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 25, 2020

Firmware update went OK, but the stuttering-staticky audio problem is still a problem when listening to music and two Bluetooth devices are connected (an iPhone 11 and a 2019 MacBook Pro, in my case). Really aggravating that the problem is not fixed. I am going to return these cans and try my luck with the Sony.  

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 14, 2020

I am really tired of owning these headphones.

I initially had the firmware brick issue (1.4.1) and Bose sent me a replacement that ended up having the white/red light issue.

third replacement they sent a item that was manufactured 11 months+ ago (older than my first unit) and seemed to hold charge at 19 hours or so only.

Asked for fresh product that may have a better/newer battery. They promised to send a new batch and again sent one even older!!!!!

While this was going on they released the Triple Midnight (Navy) so I asked for one final swap to the new color hoping I would get a "new" batch. I did receive a 60 day produced unit which was great and it immediately upgraded firmware with no option to stop it to 1.7.1...and guess what I have been trying them all day and tried to fully charge them twice and the light turns solid white as if they are full. Both times they are only going to 16 hours. Needless to say I am not sure what to do at this point? I do prefer these to the Sony XM4's for their call quality and the easy customer service. but at this stage i am furious about this half baked product that has been having firmware and battery issues for months. I didn't buy from Bose so am not sure how I can get a refund at this point but I am sick and tired of having to send and wait for replacements. I am done with Bose for sure. for those who are able to hold off please do.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 14, 2020

Going to take some time to test everything but what I can say already is that the Battery Full announcement only equates to 18 hrs 50 min in the App.  Still soon be Xmas and hopefully I get some MX4s in my stocking which appear to be the only full fix to the Bose issues.

Update: 

Conversation mode not working

Voice prompts when changing NC levels not working (NC level changes just no prompts)

Bose music app keeps disconnecting/reconnecting.

Update 2:

Tried restarting, deleted pairing for phone.  Now can't reconnect as bluetooth pairing is not starting when pressing button on headset.  

Update 3:

Managed to reboot headset and get reconnected.

Ok confirmed Conversation Mode and NC prompts only not working when Hands-Free Audio AG Audio in use.  Makes sense for prompts but don't understand why conversation mode is disabled

Currently watching MotoGP in Edge browser - with Stereo profile a lot of audio glitches to the point I can't listen.  Switch to Hands-Free Audio AG profile and glitches disappear.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 17, 2020

Please tell me this has the equalizer! I've been waiting for it for MONTHS 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 14, 2020

Just updated to the latest firmware and confirm everything working fine so far. No static while having the headphones connected to both my iPad Pro & iPhone Pro Max. Battery Announcement seems to be working and matching what the app says. All buttons working, volume up/down, skip track all working as it should. I tried messing with the equalizer and I don’t really like the setup for that, and I’m not sure if the adjustments I made actually worked. I feel like the music stayed exactly the same, but I could be wrong. 

I previously had tons of issues while having multiple devices connected at the same time and having the audio playing on the correct device. The only way I could get it to work was to completely disconnect Bluetooth from the device not playing audio. I just tried this out and it seems to be working as it should, the way it did with my QCII’s. I had music playing on my iPad and paused it, started playing music on my iPhone and it immediately started playing, paused on the iPhone went back to my iPad and started playing music there again and it worked with no issues. I will do some more testing tomorrow while making calls, but so far so good.