May 5, 2020

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - 1.7.0 - September 14th 2020

1.5.1 to 1.7.0

Contributor
Registered since

May 5, 2020

@elliottucker wrote:

I've updated to 1.7.0 and I'm still unable to get a charge higher than 16hrs 40mins. Headphones purchased this year so don't believe the battery has deteriorated that much. Also getting stutter when connected to iPhone and Mac at the same time. I have to disconnect the mac to get non-stuttering music from the phone.

I've tried again and ensured i had the headphones turned off before plugging them in and I'm now getting what looks to be the correct battery reading. 👍

Participant
Registered since

Sep 15, 2020

If you're about to try the XM4's in desperation, depending on your use case they may not be that great. I tried them and have just returned due to appalling voice call quality over phone/Slack/Google Meet/Zoom - no-one could hear me clearly.

I got the NC 700's and they are much better for calls, although I'd say arguably not as good as the QC35's they were set to replace.

I have the audio stuttering issue when using 2 devices - have just updated to 1.7.0, so will see if that's fixed. If not, they're going back to Amazon/Bose.

EDIT: Already I can see that my MacBook Pro is always my active stream if connected with my iPhone and I can't play music off my iPhone unless I disconnect the laptop. Can I stop this happening? If not, I'm returning them.

EDIT 2: So looks like you have to already be playing music on a device before you connect a second device, else that device becomes the primary and blocks the other device. That's cr@p and not usable - I don't want to have to dance a particular dance just to connect my headphones in a way that allows me to play things from the device I want. The tl;dr...they're going back.

Enthusiast
Registered since

May 28, 2020

I can confirm conversation mode is working for me fine after the update.

Also to the person that said it doesn’t announce the noise cancellation noise - this is by design on phone calls to not play over the conversation. 

One thing I have noticed though is when changing noise cancelling it lags and will often repeat “10, 10” so I tap it again and it suddenly skips forward the number of times I’ve tapped. Will try rebooting the unit. 

Enthusiast
Registered since

May 28, 2020

Update: Reboot solved it. 

Contributor
Registered since

Aug 4, 2020

I updated to 1.7.0 from 1.3.1 ( which was updated from earlier stock 1.2.1). I have not faced any stuttering issue so far. But with 1.7.0 this issue has creeped up. It’s very erratic in nature with no consistency but some times very frequent like 10-15 times within an hour.

Is there any solution? If not can I roll back to 1.3.1? 

I have reseted/ rebooted couple of times but certainly this has not helped.

Edit: After further countless so called resets, deleting Bose Music App, forgetting device on IPads, iPhone, unpairing on Bose NC700, and then re-installing and pairing finally the stuttering issue is almost gone. Also the frequent connection loss with paired devices in 1.3.1 also seems to be rectified in 1.7.0. Though occasionally with NC 700 power on, sometimes the first pairing attempt goes unsuccessful but once established it is more or less stable. 

However the EQ settings has no impact on my NC 700. Even though I maxed out on Bass, I have not noticed any change.

Sound signature though have changed at with respect to 1.3.1 since Bass is more heavier( even at EQ setting at 0,0,0). Particularly can feel it during watching action movies.

Will like to hear more on this from other users.

Participant
Registered since

Sep 15, 2020

Hello,

The headset is not connecting to any device anymore after the update to 1.7.0.

I upgraded from 1.5.1 to 1.7.0 today. The first hour, everything was running fine, then the headset hang up and restarted itself while I was in a call and now it is not connecting to any device via bluetooth (known/paired or unknown/unpaired).

Not reacting to long press of power/bluetooth button at all (no connection mode).

No reset possible (following the well know reset instructions on the bose site). The device is only starting, not resetting.

Only the blue bluetooth LED is blinking very shortly two times when starting up.

Please stop publishing this firmware, fix it and give me the the possibilty to revert to 1.5.1 until a fix is available.

KR

ZeltaZum

Participant
Registered since

Jan 6, 2020

I've updated from 1.5.1, the only issue that persists is battery announcement. Bluetooth connections are working good.

Contributor
Registered since

Aug 4, 2020

Re: Mise à jour du logiciel Noise Cancelling 700 - 1.7.0 - 14 septembre 2020

Same same !

Why don't you listen to your clients feedback ?

The bloody annoying chime is still active when the headset powers ON, OFF and when you MUTE it, you still get a LOUD sound and you STILL can't de activate this ?!

Come on guys TURN IT OFF !

Contributor
Registered since

Aug 6, 2020

Before the update I was on 1.5.1
The only problem I had before the update was that battery life indicator was decreasing from 18 hours to 16 hours to 12 hours and yesterday no matter how much I charge would not go over 9 hours.

Updated to 1.7.0 
Immediately after the update via my iPhone Bose Music App, no change battery life was still at 9 hours. Charging now, hopefully after a few hours it will be at 20 hours otherwise I have given up on Bose.