Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 1, 2020

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - 1.7.0 - September 14th 2020

@audiohound  I had a similar problem with the reset procedure, and thought mine were dead, but they actually weren't: as @madbooba explained this procedure never worked, but in my case I managed to get them to turn on again by a random succession of plugging the cable / pressing or holding the power / bluetooth button.

I'm sorry if don't remember the exact combination of plugging / pushing / holding to do (it was a while ago), but don't lose hope, your headphones are probably not completely dead

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 16, 2020

Final update. The headphones got revived after several more reset attempts. Audio drops remain. Cannot downgrade. I had a troubleshooting call with the local Bose support, they didn't have any silver bullets to offer. The only options I see are A) wait or B) return them while I can. I'll decide on that tomorrow.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 16, 2020

Another one, I just registered to say upgraded to 1.70 (sadly don't know from which version). Still getting the crackling/stuttering when I have my Macbook and iPhone connected via bluetooth. As audiohound says 'It sounds like an old bad cable, when it's almost broken and you wiggle it the wrong way.'

Best way to describe it. Sadly it's way too late for me to return them, but think this will be my first and last set of Bose headphones 😞

EDIT: I actually think, an hour into this update, it's worse than whatever I was on before...

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 30, 2018

Yes, I have the same issue.

After updating, multi-connected streams do not work properly anymore.

My headset is connected to my smartphone and laptop.

NC700 app shows that laptop is streaming while there is no audio/sound... it cuts phone stream...

I have to disable the connection with the laptop manually to get the stream of the phone back.

Before updating 1.3, this was working properly --> Auto-switching between streams/devices.

Please fix it as soon as possible.

Thanks...

Who else is experiencing this bug?

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 9, 2020

I had 1.3.1 before the update. Finally able to use equalizer settings!

But I also have problems with Auto-switching between streams/devices on 1.7.0. That did not happen before the update.

I have the headphones connected to an Android phone (BT 5.0) and a Windows 10 computer (BT 5.0).

Recently I could not get audio from the computer. Completly silent! Turns out the Bose Music app said that the phone had an active stream. It did not! When I made a test call on the computer I got sound and after that I could play music again from the computer.

I have not (yet) had any stuttering audio as before.

Please, please create a stable firmware that works! I have 30 more days that I can use these and then decide if I should return them or not. At the current state I will return them!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 16, 2020

In installed 1.7.0 and got audio stuttering as a gift. That wasn't the case before in 1.3.1, but that's another thread.

Is it possible to switch the SFX to something a bit more subtle in the next update? I applied some significant EQ, and the bass in the current connect/disconnect sound (voice prompts off) hits like a freight train. It is much, much, much louder than the classical/calm/ambient music I'm listening while working.

They were loud even with the default sound profile, but after EQ they are ear-shatteringly loud. And they obviously don't follow the volume settings, which I've kept low. When something connects/disconnects, it's like a double haymaker to both ears. The reason for my EQ settings is to get rich bass (+5) at low volumes for an ambient sound bed while working.

Either please drop the SFX volume by 10 decibels or so, or ask the sound designer to create something more subtle and elegant for this purpose? Thank you!

(The reason for disconnecting the 2nd device is that dual connectivity now has audio stutters, but again, that's another thread.)

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 22, 2020

Hi Bose,

I upgraded from 1.3.1 to 1.7.0. Using the mobile app, this takes quite long... be (very) patient.

Devices: iPhone XS Max, latest firmware, Laptop: HP Elitebook, Windows 10, 1Mii BT5.0 audio dongle.

Main reason for updating: interrupted sound and mic when in (Teams) calls.

Immediate observation: switching between the two devices flaws with two devices connected. It seems at least fuzzy how this works. I need to either disconnect one of the two devices or force it using the mobile app. The NC700 seems to hang-on two one of the devices.

Bose: How is device switching supposed to work? Consider also any combination of the devices in the music or call mode.

If/how interruptions during (Teams) is improved: needs more testing time to conclude.

update: forgot to mention I started with deleting any BT pairing information in the NC700 and related devices and did a reset of the headphone

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 15, 2020

I was one of the earlier posters who had an issue with multiple device connections where I had to disconnect one device or connect in a certain order so that I can play music off my iPhone.

My devices are:

- iPhone 11 Pro @ iOS 14

- MacBook Pro 13" 2020 Four Thunderbolt 3 ports @ macOS Catalina 10.15.6

I'll try the reset procedure as outlined and report back. As it stands the headphones are going back tomorrow, so will try again today just in case.

UPDATE 1:

I did a reset of the headphones and fully removed and re-paired to my iPhone and MacBook Pro. Things seem a lot better. If I play music on my iPhone whilst also connected to my MacBook Pro, that becomes the active stream. If I pause my music and make the MacBook Pro make noise, that starts playing. On the surface this seems to work how I'd expect. I actually don't want sound trying to come from both devices at once, just be able to flip sound between the 2.

It would be nice in the app if you could also manually choose which of the connected devices is the active audio stream?

I'll test more today and update later on.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 14, 2020

After the recent update, I am having problems connecting with my Bose 700 headphones. I turn them on and after a while, they keep turning on and off after not finding my device. I have tried resetting them and clearing the Bluetooth list. It helps for a bit, but then the issue occurs and the bose 700 headphones struggle to connect. I currently have the app version 4.0.1 and the firmware update 1.7.0. Please help with this issue.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 19, 2019

I had same problem before on my macbook pro 16 inch 

It was macOS 10.15.5 and after I updated it to 10.15.6 I don’t have this issue anymore. (I believe I also updated my nc700 too after I update my macbook. so not sure which update fixed this issue)