Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vineethpbharadwaj
Advisor
Registered since

Nov 4, 2019

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - 1.7.0 - September 14th 2020

This firmware has not fixed any of the issues for me.. I still have stuttering and also the battery life max.out at 18 hours.. What kind of a product is this? Are you even serious Bose?

You continue to frustrate your customers.. Get some competent software engineers and fix the issues soon!

felek73
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 26, 2020

With this update my headset was promoted from 16h of battery life to 17h  after all night charging.. pathetic .. Is this some kind of "random" function that announce battery life? 

kristapshercs
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 30, 2020

Everything works great after the update. Thank you, Bose.

madbooba
Advisor
Registered since

Mar 16, 2020

@kristapshercs,

So you're saying, you get 20 hours of battery life, and no stuttering when connected to two Bluetooth devices simultaneously?

Are you the one of the 1000000?

alago
Participant
Registered since

Sep 17, 2020

This is so disappointing.

I was using a new replacement headset I got from Amazon, keeping them at 1.3 and all was fine.

I let 1.7 to install, trusting Bose wouldn't release again a buggy firmware.

I got all the problems i had with my previous pair:

Sound stutter

Low voice on calls

Low battery announcement at full charge

And now, also stream keeps being active issue. 

When I chose this headset was because of multipoint connection, even at loss of battery. But 16h are not 20, and now multipoint doesn't work either.

Thinking of just asking Amazon for a refund, which will be partial, I am just tired of waiting for a fix. I should just try

I was happy with firmware 1.3

Maybe it is time to try another brand with better customer support.

ashwaryb
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 17, 2020

Bose did it again pushed update 1.7 to bose 700 and bricked it.

ashwaryb
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 17, 2020

Don't update

1.5 all over again

ashwaryb
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 17, 2020

1.7 is horrible

Bunchof jokers are running the dev and QA at bose.

Bose quality has dipped considerably. 

Having one bad update you can understand but doing that with consistency take some serious effort and skill set. Kudos bose for annoying everyone

Wasted $399

yankees177
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 14, 2020

UPDATE #2 9/21 - a lovely crackling sound appeared over the weekend - the only thing that solved it or maybe coincidence was blowing in the ear cup. This AM went to have a MS teams call with customers and got a notification from my phone and BAM, couldnt speak or hear on my laptop anymore. Just cleared all the device list and no more seamless switching - i did it 2x and there is still a significant delay and then i lose the ability to have 2 devices connected at once. COME ONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN. So frustrating.

Update - i cleared the bluetooth list and then have much better performance with seamless switching - i would recommend this highly. With that said ive given it all of 30 mins and so far so good.

Like most of you folks - I have actually had decreased performance with this update - actually quite disappointing to be honest. 

I personally purchased a BT4.2 dongle for my laptop as that improved the ability for me to have both my phone and my laptop connected.

After the update -

1. The seamless switching between my laptop and android phone is gone. There is a considerable delay in that and on some occasions I have had to restart bluetooth in order to get back a connection. Before the update I was able to seamlessly switch. 

2. With the dongle, I was able to get notifications on my phone and then not lose audio/voice on my laptop during calls, which I think was a function of the seamless switching. This is a very important thing for anyone who wants to have two devices connected and use their NC700s for calls (and is the reason for the 700UC). Well just now Im on a call (MS Teams), got a notification on my phone and then lost audio on my call. I had to actually restart bluetooth. On the call now, audio quality has decreased. I am hearing popping on my call while before the update it did not happen. 

3. @bose while EQ is nice and lets be honest, OLD tech per your competitors, can you do any updates right? Why do we have to go backwards to go forwards. Frustrating. 

If you are happy with your headphones performance with 1.31 DO NOT UPDATE. Its not worth it. Deal with the battery life fiasco, its better to have less battery and better performance. 

Also fyi, I am using nothing Mac. Im using a Lenovo Thinkpad Running Windows 10.  Also using Pixel 4xl running Android 11 and SGS10E running Android 10. 

rolc
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 17, 2020

I need to break this negative comments and give honest opinion. So after update to 1.7 connection to teams and phone (multiple connection) improved. No more static or any other interference. Calls are great. EQ works very well and it is simple to use. I increased bass for 2 points and I notice the difference. For battery I also notice drop from 19 hours to 17 hours but I will observe for few days since I think it has to do something with historical usage and how it calulates remaining time. Besides battery usage everything else is now fixed and I can enjoy using them for the purpose I bought them - Conference calls and music.