Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 17, 2020

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - 1.7.0 - September 14th 2020

I must be one of the few, but this update improved things for me for both multi-point connections and stuttering.  To be fair, right after updating I still had the issue where my Macbook Pro always showed as the active stream and therefore never switched to my Android Pixel 3.  I then took the following steps which have fixed most of my issues.

1. Held power button on headphones until the "Bluetooth device list cleared" announcement (Hold for 10 seconds or so)
  2. Remove/forget/disconnect headphones on each device
  3. Uninstall Bose Music app and reinstall
  4. Pair each device one by one

I had tried step 1, 2, and 4 multiple times with seemingly no difference so I think step 3 was crucial in fixing most of my problems.

Switching between my Macbook and Pixel 3 is not perfect and my Macbook still seems to take priority on first startup, but once I play some music once on my Macbook, I am then able to pause that and then play something on my Pixel and it will switch right over.  I still get stuttering on the Macbook occasionally, but it seems better.  No stuttering whatsoever on my Pixel even with both devices connected.

I have also tried the following combinations and things work as expected (though sometimes still require a little coaxing):

1. Pixel 3 & Macbook Pro
  2. iPhone 6 & Macbook Pro
  3. Pixel 3 & Windows 10
  4. iPhone 6 & Windows 10

I will say though that any stuttering or stubbornness seems to come from the Macbook than anything else.  The bluetooth stacks on Android, Windows, iOS, and Macbook OS are all different most likely and I would hazard a guess to say that the headphones aren't 100% happy with connecting to different devices.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

May 14, 2020

C'mon Bose - this level of response is pretty awful. The stutter problem is just as bad, with no improvement. The whole point of us buying an expensive, multi-point set of headphones at this time is to use it in remote work scenarios. It's been about 6 months of dealing with these ridiculous updates that do nothing or make the situation worse! Can you give us a firm ETA on when the stutter problem will be fixed, or at least come out and admit that you folks don't have a clue on how to fix it?

Getting tired of waiting and hoping for a fix....

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 31, 2019

I checked this forum because my replacement pair of NC700's were driving me crazy, so I was very excited to finally see that there has been an update! Thank you (but you could have told us it was coming rather than leaving us to wonder why there was no response).

I have installed the update and I am still getting stutter, but it is better than before I updated to 1.7. I am connected to only one device (my PC) and I turned off Bluetooth, removed the headphones and restarted both the PC and headphones before reconnecting.

I appreciate you working on it, but it hasn't fixed the problem.  You said you were going to close the stuttering issue thread. Does that mean that this update has fixed it as far as you're concerned? If so, my hopes of a fix have all but disappeared.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 17, 2020

Hi
i just updated to 1.7.0 and i still have a stuttering while 2 devices connected 😞
i hope you fix it soon

One tech question: is there a chance to improve a Noise Cancelling in future update?

thank you

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 14, 2020

Hello Support, I have done some troubleshooting on my side and found a couple of issues. This is for the Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - 1.7.0 and Bose Music App Version 4.0.1. All of these issues were tested on my Samsung Galaxy S20.

1. When I have the Bose Music App open, then I shut down and turn on my Bose 700 headphones. The product is not read on the application. I can hear music, but on the app, it shows that the device is not connected. It will prompt the user to connect the device again.

Work-Around is to close the app and open the app again. A solution to this issue would be helpful.

On some occasions, I would need to close the app more than once to read the connection in the app. On other occasions, the app would lose the headphones and not read anything connected.

2. When adding a new device on the app, I press on add new device and it prompts the user to connect the new device. My S20 is already connected to the bose headphones, but it will prompt the device to pair the headphones. Why would it prompt to pair the same device again, if it is already paired? This issue was not present in the previous version.

3. On some occasions, I turn on my bose 700s and the headphones would have trouble connecting to the Bluetooth devices. The headphone would turn on and sometimes not finish the Baterry Life sentence, then it would be on for a bit and abruptly shut down. I would leave the headphones by itself and they would turn on and off abruptly. I could not turn them off manually. The only way I could "fix it" was to shut down the Bluetooth from the connected devices. This is an issue as I would need the clear the Bluetooth devices every time.

4. The battery life on the device now shows around 18 hrs, a slight improvement from the 16 hrs I was getting on the last version. It is not 20 hrs as advertised. The headphones showed 20 hrs when they were brand new, but now the updates have decreased the battery being read.

Please let me know if you require additional information.

Thanks

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 15, 2020

Battery life has decreased quickly with 1.7 update... With 1.3.1 I was between 19 and 20 hours (only after the first full charge did I have over 20 hours) but with the new software upgrade, battery time went after one charge to around 18 hours and now, after the second charge, the battery time is now 17:22... and the head-phone doesn’t announce “fully charged” anymore when a full charge is complete, but “17 hours”. 
how is that possible?

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 19, 2019

Between my ipad and iphone have less stutter after got this update. However whenever I connect both my macbook pro 16 and my ipad pro 12.9 have massive stutter. Seems like bose can't handle this issue correctly. Now I suspect it's kind of hardware issue. Maybe im gonna change my headphones to apple or sony 1000xm4 soon..

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 1, 2017

The update seems to be working okay for me now my full charge hours are showing as 19 Hours close to the actual 20 hours. Only one problem though When my Laptop and Mobile is connected sometimes it is not switching to Phone even when nothing is playing in laptop. I have to press the assistant button to read the notifications and then it moves to Mobile.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 27, 2020

I'm on MB Pro 2018 w/Catalina OS and iPhone XS w/13.7. 

Closing down and re-opening Music app on Mac takes care of my switching/sound quality problem. Minor inconvenience I can live with.

Judging by reviews on Youtube - microphone quality beats competition to the ground, so I'm sticking with these. BTW, I tried Bower & Wilkins PX7 - all kinds of problems with connectivity too. Sending them back, keeping 700's.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 17, 2020

Extremely unpleasant. ☹️

Only one day old. I bought it yesterday. It was "fairly decent" on 1.4.12. The fool that I was, I went ahead an upgraded to this godawful version.

1. The stuttering problem which was not present on the earlier version is VERY prominent.  

2. The call quality has taken a dump. On the iPad Pro, voice memo recording is miles and above better with the built in mic than with my Bose 700. I went with Bose 700 only because Tom's Hardware gave Bose 700 a 5/5 on call quality (as compared to 2/5 for Sony WH-1000MX3). Serves me good. 😒

3. Can't connect two devices. Trying with iPad Pro and a Windows 10 PC. This was working before the upgrade! Once the Windows PC connects, I can only use the Bose Music app on the iPad Pro. No audio, no assistant control - nothing at all on the iPad Pro.

100% will not recommend.