Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 11, 2020

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - 1.7.0 - September 14th 2020

Updated to 1.7.0 and everything seems to be working fine. The Equalizer is very much welcome. One minor issue/suggestion is why are there no sliders for adjusting the EQ? Pressing '+' or '-' button multiple times to adjust levels is a bit inconvenient. Would be nice if we had sliders, so that we could adjust the levels easily.

Other than that no major issues.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 5, 2020

I am not sure why there are so many posters with issues with this update. This is by far the best update for me! The stuttering issue is gone and my bose 700 was able to smoothly transition from one device to another, and back with no issues.

I had the stuttering issue at least once every hour in firmware 1.3, but this firmware update 1.7 drastically improves the stutter issue. I can confidently say that I do not have the stutter issue after using bose 700 at least 8+ hours each day for the past 2-3 days. 

There are only some minor issues I have so far with firmware 1.7:

1) When I start the headphone, I don't always hear the battery announcement anymore. Not sure what's going on?

2) I believe that I fully charged my headphone at least 4 hours/till solid white light. However, the battery indicator showed that it's 16 hours 38min, not 20 hours? and when checking on the battery level from the computer, it shows it's 90%, not 100%? 

3) There's a slight crackling sound when switching from one song to another song with the computer as the source, perhaps this is normal?

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

May 19, 2020

@Mencjusz 

Live dangerously! But seriously: I have no problems. Battery icon gives expected values. No strange behaviour. And I connected my headphones to my new bluetooth transmitter. So now my old fashioned stereo can connect to my Bose also.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 23, 2017

So far, so good. No issues with battery, nor stuttering when connecting to two sources. EQ works great. IMO this is when we could start to say the NCH700 are a fine product. Thanks

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 23, 2017

@Sandeep Tadepalli wrote:

Updated to 1.7.0 and everything seems to be working fine. The Equalizer is very much welcome. One minor issue/suggestion is why are there no sliders for adjusting the EQ? Pressing '+' or '-' button multiple times to adjust levels is a bit inconvenient. Would be nice if we had sliders, so that we could adjust the levels easily.

Other than that no major issues.

If you click on the number instead of the + or -, you'll get what you are looking for (at least tested in iOS)

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 17, 2020

And mp3 playback on Windows 10 (tried with multiple players Windows Media Player, VLC and Groove) is worse than on a $10 headset that I could grab from a bin at Fry's. The crackling is unbearable.

This Bose 700 is going down as one of my worst purchases ever. 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 3, 2017

Wow I really dodged a bullet today

Since I upgraded to 1.5.1 most of my headphones problems went away and it finally became usable

Today I logged in the Bose Music app and it automatically started an update; I tried (IN PANIC) hard to find an option to stop the update but there was no option in the app. So I just exited the app and close it. Luckily this did the trick of stopping the update.

Coming here to read what people think about this update, I was so glad that I stopped it!! 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 18, 2020

Hey there i was just wondering if you heard anything about this from the Bose company. I tried to do the last firmware update ver. 7.0.4.4795 and about halfway through it my headset stopped working. i have a suspicion that it was the firmware and now Bose doesnt want to give a solution to the problem. And the only "Solution" they have offered is to upsell me into another pair. I am supper frustrated. I dont know where else to go...

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

May 19, 2020

I updated my headphone to 1.7.0 and they started beeping and rebooting while playing music, again (or simply rebooting if nothing is playing).

This is ridiculous, my previous NC700 got ruined by the 1.4 update, Bose sent me a replacement, which was fine up to 1.3 (maybe 1.5 was fine, I didn't check, what happened was the headphone starting rebooting randomly again before I realized they've been updated). Turns out 1.7 has the exact same issue as 1.4, though slightly less extreme.

Please give us the option to downgrade to 1.3. This firmware is nearly as unusable as 1.4.

One workaround I've found is to turn off any Bluetooth device paired with the headphones before turning the headphones on, then turn Bluetooth back on to connect. Basically, the same workaround as with 1.4, but with a much higher success rate.

I think my headphones were manufactured in September 2019, but I'm not sure since Bose music can no longer connect to the headphones after the update. My original NC700 was manufactured in May 2019. Maybe that's a clue as to what the problem is?

Update, my current headphones were manufactured on Sep 9 2019. Restarting Bose Music resolved the inability for the app to connect.

I have a theory as to what the problem is. Maybe the headphones will connect to my phone before they completely boot up, and restart due to an error caused by that incomplete bootup? By turning off Bluetooth on my device before turning on the headphones, I may be ensuring that the headphones completely boot up before connecting. As for why this workaround works better in 1.7 than 1.4, that could be because 1.7 is more stable than 1.4. The reason some people have the issue while others do not could be Bluetooth behaving differently on different devices. Some devices, like my phone, are extremely quick at connecting to Bluetooth devices, others may be slow enough for the headphones to completely boot up before connecting. 

Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

May 29, 2020

Good job Bose. At least you are consistent. 3 alpha firmware releases in a row without any kind of QA. Meanwhile, you still are releasing new products, one of them with the "quietcomfort" brand. What happens bose? are you planning to release the qc45 this year and let down all your nc700 customers?

what is happening with your software team?