Nasalhair
Enthusiast
Registered since

May 23, 2020

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - 1.7.0 - September 14th 2020

Afraid my NC700s are still misbehaving after the update.  Today is the second time since the 1.7.0 update was installed that the headphones have rebooted.  I turned them on, the startup sound played and then the voice said "conne..." and cut off for a couple of seconds, there was silence, then "... to" and the name of my phone.  A few seconds later I heard a sound, like the noise cancellation was kicking in, and the headphones rebooted.  No loud beep / buzz this time, but they restarted.

Have tried resetting the headphones (hold power button, insert USB lead, light flashes twice, release power button), forcing stop on the Bose Music app and clearing cache (the app STILL usually fails to see the headphones for about the first five attempts at connecting, but my phone instantly connects to them), removing the headphones from my phone's Bluetooth devices and reconnecting, but the reboots are clearly still happening.

Phone: Google Pixel 2 running Android 11.

Headphones: Bose NC 700, black, manufactured 16 June 2019.

App: Version 4.0.1

UPDATE: Just rebooted again.  This time I was listening to music, there was a loud beep / buzz, and the headphones fully rebooted.  Bose, please fix these headphones!

brewsuds
Participant
Registered since

Sep 10, 2020

I updated my headphones. The first time I turned them on they did say battery full but the app said I only had 17 hours. I did the reset and now after a full charge it says I have 16 hours of battery.... 

madbooba
Advisor
Registered since

Mar 16, 2020

I wonder why no one here posts about the fact that sound signature has changed on 1.7.0, and I think it's worse now. Headphones don't sound premium anymore.

Definitely is a more bass, but the mids are cut - not 'so close' like before.

Bose sound signature just gone...☹️

Bose why...

question-606954_640.png

Chalnoth
Participant
Registered since

Sep 14, 2020

Not sure if this is a new issue or not.  While testing actual battery life after the firmware update I noticed that the battery light did not change colours.  I did get the audio announcements for low battery and critical battery levels but the light stayed solid white right up to the point the battery was fully drained.  It does blink white during charging and goes solid once full (max 18 hours 50 min for me).

Kcv3
Participant
Registered since

May 16, 2020

updated from 1.5.1 to 1.7.0. Stuttering issues are now more apparent in the latest update. 

sstresnjak
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 4, 2020

I just returned mine. I spent too much time trying to make those headphones to work and when they work, they are extraordinary. Too bad, they do not work so often 😞 I had a call today and disconnected my PC (I bough Bluetooth 5.0 dongle), so only phone (Samsung S7) was connected and after some time stuttering became so bad that nor I could understand the other side, nor the other side could understand me, had to switch to "normal" headset. Too much of my time wasted trying make them work all the time, first needed to register the app through the VPN, then various setup ... I would expect from 300$ headphones to work flawlessly out of the box and not that I need to search the net how to set up them, waste hours and then they do not work anyhow.

Deeply dissapointed customer.

mastaCH
Collaborator
Registered since

Sep 14, 2019

I also got the firmware update over google assistant this time. I never had the bose app open. 

After the update, touch controls on the right side of the headphone do not work anymore. Any ideas how to fix this? I already tried this pseudo-reset procedure which Bose suggest for any issue. I've also cleared BT pairing list (by pressing power button for 10 seconds) and re-setup both connections (mobile phone an PC).

therpaulsen
Participant
Registered since

Sep 22, 2020

Unfortunately I am having the exact same problems as last time this firmware update was released too. Load buzz followed by reboot. Then the headphones are unresponsive for a bit before they finally boot only to restart again a minute later. Headphones unusable just like last time.

MikeH58
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 17, 2018

I tried the new update and my fully charged battery went from 13 to 15 hours nowhere near 20. Bose are replacing my headset.

yahiaelmasry
Participant
Registered since

May 15, 2020

Absolutely ridiculous! I wish I never bought these pair or at least sold the replacement that I got after one of the earlier firmware updates broke it. 

I thought it was going to be okay and I was finally happy that it came with firmware 1.3 or something before this whole mess started, which I had absolutely no issues with for the past month.

Today, I decided to get on the Bose Music app to change something in the headphones settings as the app is the only way to do that. I saw that there is an update but I never accepted to install the update.

A moment later, it is constantly restarting when I tried to reconnect to my laptop, then when I tried to connect to the app, even with a single connection, my phone, it kept crashing mid start announcement, then after a few seconds or so it decides to restart over and over again!

I connected it to a new phone to try and check the firmware version and now it is 1.7.0. I DID NOT ASK FOR THE UPDATE TO BE INSTALLED! Now, I am suffering from this new firmware with all the connectivity issues, crackling and stuttering all over, restarting.

It is frustrating that Bose can't fix this connectivity issue, at least allow us to keep our perfectly functional firmware, give us the choice to install the update, I could not care less about battery level being wrongly displayed or the equalizer. I care about not having to suffer because I am always connected to two devices and that is exactly the reason why I bought the headphones in the first place. I am almost always using the headphones with my laptop, but I keep it connected to the phone to make calls without having to constantly switch between them or take the headphones off and pick up the phone. It is so annoying and frustrating that these issues have persisted for over 6 months. You probably need to fire your whole firmware development team especially the QA testers. I wonder if you even test these bugs before releasing updates.

ugh...