Korben-Dallas
Collaborator
Registered since

Sep 22, 2020

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - 1.7.0 - September 14th 2020

Hello,

I am so disapointed by this current status.

I gave my QC35 to my son because I was very exited with my new headphones 700.

My chance is that my headphones are still 1.3 version... I have desinstalled all Bose app from my   iPad and Samsung. I prefer to still have no EQ.

I am a software project manager in transportation system where the quality is mandatory.

So I don’t understand how Bose is doing to take the risk to deliver release with so bad quality and so many remaining bugs .

I Know this Kind of job is not easy but Bose Management has to have a major action to avoid loosing so many fans and customers.

Please, go with a high skills of software team to developp,  go with a high level team of V&V and prepare a new high quality major release looking for remaining customers and Bose fans.

I am now waiting for high quality release 2.0 because I am still confident in Bose products.

Please, Mr Bose !!!

TH1813254617
Collaborator
Registered since

May 19, 2020

Mr Bose, Amar died 7 years ago.

TH1813254617
Collaborator
Registered since

May 19, 2020

@Nasalhair wrote:

Afraid my NC700s are still misbehaving after the update.  Today is the second time since the 1.7.0 update was installed that the headphones have rebooted.  I turned them on, the startup sound played and then the voice said "conne..." and cut off for a couple of seconds, there was silence, then "... to" and the name of my phone.  A few seconds later I heard a sound, like the noise cancellation was kicking in, and the headphones rebooted.  No loud beep / buzz this time, but they restarted.

Have tried resetting the headphones (hold power button, insert USB lead, light flashes twice, release power button), forcing stop on the Bose Music app and clearing cache (the app STILL usually fails to see the headphones for about the first five attempts at connecting, but my phone instantly connects to them), removing the headphones from my phone's Bluetooth devices and reconnecting, but the reboots are clearly still happening.

Phone: Google Pixel 2 running Android 11.

Headphones: Bose NC 700, black, manufactured 16 June 2019.

App: Version 4.0.1

UPDATE: Just rebooted again.  This time I was listening to music, there was a loud beep / buzz, and the headphones fully rebooted.  Bose, please fix these headphones!

What colour are your headphones, may I ask?

This firmware is a total crapshoot. On my headphones, the sound signature and the battery indicator are all fine (haven't tried multiple connections yet), they also don't stutter. However, I can't use them because of the reboots! The only reason I can think of for such seemingly random behaviors on this firmware update is that there are secretly multiple different variants of the NC 700, each with slightly different chips (or maybe the "same" chips manufactured by different foundries). Once you start adding stuff to your firmware, issues start arising due to compatibility issues on different chips. Or maybe the processor on the NC 700 is just underpowered for its intended purpose. It could even be a lack of memory, who knows? I don't think even Bose knows what the issue is.

Both of mine are black, btw.

Mama, just killed a... BBZZZZZZZTT....

Reboot! 

kaenplan
Participant
Registered since

Sep 22, 2020

Before updating to 1.7.0 I was on 1.3.x firmware version and I didn’t have any issues when the headphones are to two devices at the same time. My headphones are connected to my iPad and iPhone. After the firmware update I now get a static cracking and the sound is gone for a second and then it’s okay for the next 20 minutes or so. If the headphones are connected to only one source I do not have this issue. I tried to reset the headphones but I’m unable to get the bluetooth light blinking more than once. Clearing the connection history didn’t resolve the issue either. This is quite annoying!

Bose, please fix the firmware of the headphones. With the current issues I’m inclined to return the headphones since they are not working as expected.

robert1326
Participant
Registered since

May 16, 2020

hi all,

after update 1.7.0

• after fully charged the battery level is 18h38min, compared with ~16h in 1.4.12
  • the headset says "battery full" 
  • when connected with two servers, laptop and iPhone - in a call on iphone - the other party hear me very badly
  • as soon as I disable the laptop stream (from laptop or from bose music) works nicely

software levels

bose - 1.7.0....

bose music 4.0.1

iPhone X - IOS 14.0

laptop lenovo - Win10 

IMG_5164.PNG

Nasalhair
Enthusiast
Registered since

May 23, 2020

@TH1813254617 wrote:

@Nasalhair wrote:

Afraid my NC700s are still misbehaving after the update.  Today is the second time since the 1.7.0 update was installed that the headphones have rebooted.  I turned them on, the startup sound played and then the voice said "conne..." and cut off for a couple of seconds, there was silence, then "... to" and the name of my phone.  A few seconds later I heard a sound, like the noise cancellation was kicking in, and the headphones rebooted.  No loud beep / buzz this time, but they restarted.

Have tried resetting the headphones (hold power button, insert USB lead, light flashes twice, release power button), forcing stop on the Bose Music app and clearing cache (the app STILL usually fails to see the headphones for about the first five attempts at connecting, but my phone instantly connects to them), removing the headphones from my phone's Bluetooth devices and reconnecting, but the reboots are clearly still happening.

Phone: Google Pixel 2 running Android 11.

Headphones: Bose NC 700, black, manufactured 16 June 2019.

App: Version 4.0.1

UPDATE: Just rebooted again.  This time I was listening to music, there was a loud beep / buzz, and the headphones fully rebooted.  Bose, please fix these headphones!

What colour are your headphones, may I ask?

This firmware is a total crapshoot. On my headphones, the sound signature and the battery indicator are all fine (haven't tried multiple connections yet), they also don't stutter. However, I can't use them because of the reboots! The only reason I can think of for such seemingly random behaviors on this firmware update is that there are secretly multiple different variants of the NC 700, each with slightly different chips (or maybe the "same" chips manufactured by different foundries). Once you start adding stuff to your firmware, issues start arising due to compatibility issues on different chips. Or maybe the processor on the NC 700 is just underpowered for its intended purpose. It could even be a lack of memory, who knows? I don't think even Bose knows what the issue is.

Both of mine are black, btw.

Mama, just killed a... BBZZZZZZZTT....

Reboot! 

Says in my post if you look, four lines above your question, as well as the date of manufacture.

oliverpolden
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 24, 2020

Firstly, even your single sign on doesn't work properly.

I've updated to 1.7.0. It seemed fine however now I don't get any audio. I had them connected to my MacBook with them selected as the sound output. I disconnected them from my MacBook and connected them to my phone, again, no audio output. No other devices connected.

Update: I've just seen a post asking for more info about MacOS version and to essentially factory reset the headphones and delete all previous pairings... ok. I'll do that. If I continue to have issues I'll report back. I do think the MacOS version is relevant because this happens even if I disconnect my MacBook. I'm running Catalina 10.15.6.

Mine are also Black - 16th June 2019.

Update: Just "reset" the headphones and deleted all pairings. (Why is there no factory reset and why isn't it just a 10 second long press of the power button? Instead you have to plug in the cable while pressing the power button which is ambiguous. Do you have a certain amount of time to plug the cable in? I didn't get a blue flashing light.)

Anyway, sound came back straight away... for now.

Noctule
Contributor
Registered since

May 15, 2020

The multipoint connection works somewhat better than before. I can use my android phone and win10 pc in parallel and there is no crazy stuttering like it was before. But there are still some small audio cracklings when the headphones are connected with pc and phone at the same time. It sounds like a bad cable. 

Beside from that I don't have any issues with the 1.7 firmware. Switching between a phone call and going back to spotify on pc works fine so far. 

Ncat
Participant
Registered since

Sep 14, 2020

My headphones don't receive the update. Even when trying via btu.bose.com. 

What is going on?

I was one of the first buying them I guess in June 2019.

madbooba
Advisor
Registered since

Mar 16, 2020

@Ncat  what firmware version, and music app you are currently on?