Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cgg074
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jul 4, 2020

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - 1.7.0 - September 14th 2020

Thanks for replying Korben-Dallas.

But if you don't use the app, you can't use or modify certsin features of the headphones like changing the NC levels favorites, auto power off timer, etc..

cgg074
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jul 4, 2020

Ok, just got a new set of Triple Midnight Bose 700 (exchanged them this morning @ Best Buy)

This time I DIDN'T download the Bose Music app so the headphones don't auto-update to the 1.7 firmware, AND THEY ARE WORKING FLAWLESSLY.

I will wait for a reliable and stable firmware before even downloading the app again.

Korben-Dallas
Collaborator
Registered since

Sep 22, 2020

Yes cgg074, you’re right !

Install Bose app, switch off internet and plane mode on phone, switch on h700

Use Bose app to setup main option ...

and when options are ok on headphones, switch off H700

uninstall Bose app..

other solution with more risk : To use only Bose app in plane mode without wifi ..

cgg074
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jul 4, 2020

Korben,

I suppose this would be the method:

- Bose 700 turned off

- Download Bose Music app

- Setup Bose Account

- On the step where you have to add the product, turn on airplane mode (no data, no wifi), turn on Bluetooth. 

- Turn on Bose 700.

- The app will recognize the headphones.

- Connect the headphones with app, change desired settings.

- Turn off the Bose 700.

- Turn off Airplane mode.

- Uninstall Bose app.

Did I get it right??

vineethpbharadwaj
Advisor
Registered since

Nov 4, 2019

Anyone else experiencing random non functioning headphones when on call (especially during video calls)? 

After this update, whenever I am on a Whatsapp/Signal call, the headphones will stop working completely and I can only hear very faint noise of the person on the other side. I have to restart the headphones for it to function again normally. 

I’m using iPhone XS and iPad Pro, both on iOS 14.. It was not happening before and also I’m not experiencing this on my Sony Bluetooth headphones. 

Korben-Dallas
Collaborator
Registered since

Sep 22, 2020

Hello,

yes it is what I got... and my headphones still with firmware 1.3 waiting for a good and high quality release with Equalizer.. 👍

vldr
Collaborator
Registered since

May 23, 2020

Battery issue still isn't solved for me - it reported 17hrs of charge after the first full loda, 15hrs after the second.

Also, bose, please fix the unsubscribe option in your rather spammy/repetetive "community" mailings.

vldr
Collaborator
Registered since

May 23, 2020

FWIW i'll keep reviewing the Bose NC 700 as having a laughable battery life comparsed to sony's wh-1000xm3 (and -4).

Simply because it's true. Not because I think bose will ever get their act together again.

Bose NC days are over. Even Edifier is better - considering dumping my Bose now that I have edifier in-ear NC pods.

LordAsmodeus666
Collaborator
Registered since

Sep 16, 2020

How on earth did you revert back to an older firmware?  Do you have a guide/link to do this?  This firmware version 1.7 is a steaming pile and causes my headphones to reboot constantly.   I have tried everything known to mankind to fix it, including sacrifices to the gods.  Hasn't helped.  I would forever be in your debt.

Mencjusz
Collaborator
Registered since

Aug 7, 2020

Update on using 700 on 1.7 upgrade after some time.

Stutter while connected to Windows 10 ONLY remains a problem. But, it is....different stutter than before. On 1.3.1 stutter was regular, every 3-5 mins, usually rather small, a bit interrupting with the sound. On 1.7. a stutter can disappear for a full day and on the next day appear irregularly. The stutter is much stronger, to a point you do not hear the sound.

The battery got worst. from 19hs to 18hs 20 mins.

Since some people reported actual improvement, is it possible that Bose updates based on a certain pattern, like production date?