Participant
Registered since

Sep 29, 2020

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - 1.7.0 - September 14th 2020

Yeah, great.... here is the reply in that topic, may be interesting here as well.

Experience the same thing since the updates. I've had contact with the dutch bose support as I've got the battery indicator issue and the NC being way less than when I first got it. He said that the battery is in fact 100% but the assistant voice calls out 15 hours after a night's charge. If that's the case, why does it take so long to fix it?

Anyway,

He said that he couldn't find anything mentioned on ANC being degraded after updates, though the support forums are full of complaints... he asked me to check the headset cushions for breaches, but none found.

He did mention I'm completely within my rights to get a replacement as I'm within warranty. Though, with the introduction of the MX4, I'm inclined to just try and get my money back...

Contributor
Registered since

Jan 27, 2020

Still stuttering, this seems like it will never ends 😪 After every update I hope that it will be gone but no, still and still... IT IS STUTTERING!!! 😡

If I can find a good customer to buy it, I will buy Sony WH-1000XM4 immediately 

Contributor
Registered since

Aug 21, 2020

undeniably the Noise cancellation has worse, especially in high pitched noise.

Un-acceptable the quality now, I can hear everything around me

Contributor
Registered since

Sep 4, 2020

After I returned Bose 700 NC because of connectivity issues and constant stuttering, I ordered Soundcore Life Q20, which I suspected that cannot be good for such a low price (45 EUR), so did not buy them in the first place ... and how I was wrong. Yes, the noise cancelation is better on Bose and sound might be also better on Bose, WHEN IT IS WORKING, but Q20 I just connected to my phone/laptop/TV and they are working! No issues on connectivity, firmware update, app registration, stuttering and they do have a good sound and six-time smaller price!!!

Advisor
Registered since

Mar 16, 2020

After update to 1.7.0 from 1.5.1 I have mixed feelings.
Overall kind of better, no stuttering when connected to multiple devices, also connection with Bose Music App is much better now.

However, I noticed that sound signature is a bit different than on 1.5.1, is more bass, similar to

Sony xm series. The middle sound/vocal seem more distant now.
I'm not sure if it's good, I really like Bose sound signature.

Generally speaking, is better if comes to update from 1.5.1

EDIT:

After update Bose Music app to version 4.1.1, again connection issues.

Sometimes EQ Button is not working:

eq_bug.JPG

For the first time in my life I am in a situation, that I'm afraid of software updates...it's just a phenomenon.

P.S. Noise cancelling still not fixed. On level 10 I can hear keyboard typing, my neighbors in the garden, TV etc.
Last good NC was on 1.3.1.

Contributor
Registered since

Sep 4, 2020

Tried to connect my nc700's with my Galaxy tab S4 for fifteen frustrating minutes today without success. REBOOT. Well I have purchased a pair of XM3's and am not  going to look back. Would have bought the XM4's but the nc700's have set me back too much. Bose send me a message when you can get your nc700's working as reliable as my new Sony's do with my galaxy tab s4. I am sorry to say that I think the nc700's will most likely be my first and last purchase of Bose.

Contributor
Registered since

Aug 21, 2020

@hulk2k19Noting on previous pages about downgrading.

Please help. need to go back to 1.3, noise cancellation is hopeless on 1.7.

Participant
Registered since

Feb 27, 2020

Works better than ever but still needs work when connecting to 2 device. Before never entirely reliable, now I use it constantly without issue but as noted need to manually swap between devices which is one of the few features that worked in the past

Participant
Registered since

Sep 28, 2020

Bzzz sound 

update 1.7.0... 

Participant
Registered since

Jul 8, 2020

Sound stuttering with multipoint as soon as i opened the new bose music app (updated on 29thseptember). Even when i closed it or deleted the app. I downloaded the previous version .XAPK to replace it and everything went back to normal... Bose  **bleep**??? Next time i'll keep myself away from any new update ahahaha (im so happy ive been able to downgrade it) XD