andmat
Participant
Registered since

Oct 4, 2020

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - 1.7.0 - September 14th 2020

I've been enjoying NC700 for over a year. Stuttering when connected to two devices started just recently. I just noticed this strange thing and started googling and ended up here. I won't be surprised if the new FU actually introduced this bug in my case as I have not had this problem before using NC700 with many devices with various OS.

1. do you acknowledge that the new FU have not solved the issue (or maybe even introduced one to some of the users)

2. what are my options right now? 

henryjrm1970
Enthusiast
Registered since

Aug 29, 2019

Got the 1.7 update but the battery on goes to full at 17 hrs opposed to the 20 is suppose to be.  All though I get an additional hour but wish I had my 20 hrs back.

henryjrm1970
Enthusiast
Registered since

Aug 29, 2019

well like others I was noticing noise  canceling issues on level 10.  I can here voices and if I turn up the volume it will drown out but no where near what it was in July 2019.  And for that fact, no where near my NC Q15's.  Bose, please get back to the quality of what you are known for.  You use to be #1 in the nc arena.

Lochlainn14
Participant
Registered since

Sep 10, 2020

Hi All,

Not sure if this matters, but I've noticed a pattern related to the rebooting problem and have been able to prevent it, I think. I've not tested it in all circumstances though.

• I'm generally connected to two devices: my PC and my Android phone
  • I'm frequently streaming something on my PC
  • If I turn off and then on my 700s, they will engage in the reboot problem when trying to connect to these two devices. I've also had the reboot happen when the HP were trying to connect just to the phone
  • I've prevented this by, first turning off the bluetooth on my PC (the last device on which I was streaming), starting the headphones, letting them only connect to my phone.
  • Then I turn the bluetooth back on the PC, and they connect fine . . . no reboot loop

Things I've noticed in this process, since the active streaming device is the PC, when I first startup the headphones, it first tries to connect to the PC multiple times. It can't though since it is off and eventually gives up. It then connects to the second device, i.e. the phone. It doesn't reboot or give the nasty hissing sound though.  This makes me wonder if there is a problem with the firmware's ability to connect to the last streaming device.  

What I haven't tried:

• using the phone as the last streaming device and testing my hypothesis
  • unchecking "remember my last setting" under noise canceling. I'm just wondering if it stops trying to go into the last known state, that it might stop whatever is preventing it from connecting

I have both the MX4 and the 700s. For those contemplating switching to Sony, they do work more seamlessly with the devices, and I've not had any hiccups with the software etc. The only real drawback I've seen is that the microphone is about half as good as the 700's mic.  They are both good headphones. For telecommuting the Bose are superior if the software problems can be worked out. For features, the Sony's have more conveniences. 

JP_72
Participant
Registered since

Oct 6, 2020

I am having the Reboot loop problem. My findings:

Devices-

Phone- Samsung Note 10+

Tablet- Samsung Tab S6

When both devices have Bluetooth on, I have the boot loop issue. If I only have the S6 Bluetooth on, no boot loop issue. If I have only the Note 10+ Bluetooth on, I do have the boot loop issue. All software on both devices is up to date. It would appear that the issue, at least in my case, is with connectivity with the Note 10+. 

It clearly seams to me to be a software issue. I tried all the reset and trouble shooting suggestions, but not successful. This is absolutely unacceptable for such an expensive set of headphone. Bose is supposed to be Top Shelf. I have to revisit that perception.   

Joao7
Participant
Registered since

Oct 7, 2020

Could it be that the post on previous page has been removed?

After updating to 1.7, I also found that NC is not working as it was before.

Voices can be heard quite well.

I tried downgrading from instructions on reddit, but it keeps telling that the bose update needs to be updated.

Could you provide instructions once more?

Best Regards.

cheezy
Participant
Registered since

Oct 7, 2020

Why my iphone just keeps updating again and again,but ends in failure??It says problem updating,whats wrong with it?

Vellknown
Participant
Registered since

Oct 7, 2020

After the firmware update, I lost the ambient noise cancelling. Folks speaking to me can hear the background noises at my end which was not the case before. 

we have also problems that are not resolved like getting disconnected or headphones getting switched off during the conversation or listening to music. 

I have been following up since couple of months and today I’m told that I’m out of warranty. This is insane. 

TH1813254617
Collaborator
Registered since

May 19, 2020

My replacement unit arrived yesterday. It was a silver unit manufactured on November 21, 2019.

I upgraded to 1.7.0 using Bose Updater before paring my device (yeah, terrible idea), and it went into a boot loop during the pairing process, requiring 3-4 attempts before it actually paired.

Oh boy, are we off to a wonderful start.

After getting my settings dialed in and uninstalling Bose Music, so far it has been... very usable?! It only reboots ONCE every time I connect it to my phone, which is a substantial improvement over my previous units; the battery indicator actually works (which was not the case in my previous unit); the sound signature is untouched, which is good.

Why is this firmware so much better-behaved on this unit? Why is this firmware different for different people? Are the firmware issues somewhat hardware-related?

cgg074
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jul 4, 2020

@Keith_L @Wayne_M 

Will there be another firmware update coming anytime soon? 

I`m still running the 1.3 on my brand new 700 Triple Midnight because it seems it's the more stable firmware as of today.

I had to return to Best Buy my previous 700 because the 1.7 made them unusable with the constant boot loop and and no way of turning them off.

Thanks.