Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mushii3000
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 10, 2020

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - 1.7.0 - September 14th 2020

I am on the 1.7 Firmware connecting to a HP Elitebook (15 months old) and a Galaxy S20 5g - when on the laptop after a few minutes I get buzzing to the point I cannot hear and the only resolution is to disconnect then reconnect the bluetooth to resolve.  until the update this only occurred on the laptop but now sometimes happens on the phone which can be fixed by switching to speaker then back to bluetooth.

Is this bug being ack'd and managed for the next FW update?

noamr77
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 12, 2020

WOW. Thanks god that I have read all this comments before receiving the 'Bose 700' from the shop, I still can cancel the order and get A full refund!

The main factor to buy Bose 700 over the Sony XM4 was better microphone and call quality, but why is it matter if the I cant even switch properly to the call? 

Thanks all for sharing, I will order the Sony XM4. 

Korben-Dallas
Collaborator
Registered since

Sep 22, 2020

Hello, Since Sept 14th, many disapointed customers, probably lost customers gone to Sony, and more than 200 replies with issues concernant this firmware 1.7.0 ... and I didn’t see any reaction from Bose Team and no positive message from Bose concerning a new firmware arriving soon to fix all problems ... What’s happened in Bose company ?

Is Nc 700 still a major product for Bose ?
I also recently read some issues on Qc35 new version of firmware...

I am waiting this new NC700 firmware event asap to find again full confidence.

Please, Bose, go ahead and fix this firmware to find again a high level of product !!

rmontero
Participant
Registered since

May 13, 2020

I upgraded to version 1.7.0 2 weeks ago. I connect to the PC via a Creative BT-W3 dongle and simultaneously to my iPhone 6s. In previous firmware versions the headset would switch automatically between one device and the other when playing a video or streaming something else. Now, it seems that the PC is always the preferred device and the sound on the iPhone won't go through even when the PC is not doing anything. Also, I still hear some buzzing appearing after a while. 

Thanks in advance for your help.

Stighie
Participant
Registered since

Oct 16, 2020

I upgraded to version 1.7.0 and in the first minute following the update I had an issue with intermittent crackling on my Windows 10 laptop.

Mind you this is connected to a 6 month old Dell XPS 13 which does have bluetooth 5, and it worked perfectly for almost 3 months. I also connect to my iPhone X and have used it many hours almost every day since I got it (remote working) for everything from listening to music, to making phone calls. My only issue with the headset was sometimes losing the connection to my iPhone X (followed by a prompt that is superimposed over the sound, how annoying!) while using Microsoft Teams on my laptop. It was this issue that I hoped would be fixed in the 1.7.0 firmware, but alas.

Ultimately, I filled in a form on Bose's support website, got an immediate OK to send it in, and after less than a week I got a replacement headset brand new in box (manufacturing date late august 2020). So kudos to Bose for owning up and stepping in to fix the problem.

The replacement has the 1.3.1 version firmware and I'm keeping it that way until I've done my due dilligence and read everything there is to know about a new version firmware weeks after it is available. After initial setup be quick and put your smartphone in airplane mode, that way you can change settings, but keep the app from auto-updating the headset.

javianpicardo33
Participant
Registered since

Aug 18, 2019

I am not able to connect Bose Music App after updating to firBose NC 700 Firmware 1.0.7 update issue

I am not able to connect Bose Music App from Bose NC 700 headphones after updating to firmware 1.0.7 this week. The Bose Updater app is also crashing and always keeps throwing an error to keep trying again. I tried installing the Bose music app on 3 different phones Andriod & IoS but always shows connection error. Uninstalled the music app too & I also tried to factory reset correctly. Though I am not sure if it was done correctly. I called the Bose support & I was asked to pay 280$ to replace the device and as there is no repair feature available on a 400$ phone just because the customer upgraded the firmware suggested by Bose App.

Please share installation steps of the old firmware & manual copy of the old firmware to install it via windows laptop.

Luxan
Collaborator
Registered since

Aug 3, 2017

Weird charging problem after upgrading to 1.7.0

I was kind of happy with firmware 1.5 until I opened my Bose Music app and it forced the update to 1.7 down my throat 😒..... Bose will you at least give us the option on whether or not to upgrade like all other OEMs do?

After the upgrade I started having a weird charging problem; when the blinking charging light finally goes solid indicating full charged, the headphones would report 14 hours of battery. If I right away turn it off and replug the charging cable, it starts blinking again for a couple of hours indicating it is charging. When the light goes solid again (after an hour or two), the headphones reports 17 hours of battery!!!

What's going on Bose? This cannot be too hard to fix or avoid with the new firmware

Nomed6
Collaborator
Registered since

Oct 18, 2020

So along with 200 odd contributors to this thread and 17000 views it would appear this is a widespread issue, and from what I can see no real solution, plus a lot of frustration at the limited response from Bose ultimately being reset advice which does not work. I too, suffer a set of phones that disconnect re-connect and do not function in the brief time they connect, relates to Samsung S10, after several days of research running the latest software in both app and headphones resetting Bluetooth in phone changing avrp protocol resetting headphones trying too, but failing re-updating via computer and losing all my hair, nothing has improved. Still cannot get a proper connection, and all since the latest update.

So Bose, for a top dollar pair of headphones shame on you, is this what your reputation is worth, just ignore all these people who are justifiably frustrated with you product and lack of desire to work with your customers to find a resolution.

JackDee
Collaborator
Registered since

Jan 31, 2020

I can no longer connect to my laptop or desktop. Connection to phone works well and is automatic, although connection to Bose Music app (v4.1.1; android) rarely works.

To make things worse, I can no longer manage my Bluetooth connections in the Bose Music App. This is now an expensive set of earmuffs!

Very frustrating!

maheffa
Collaborator
Registered since

Jun 26, 2020

@Udit Khanna Please DO! If I had an audience on social media, I would have done this a while ago. Matter of fact, a lot of big tech reviewers do these "Item after 6 months of usage, still worth a buy?", it might be good to let them know, especially the ones that would like to see Bose crucified.

This issue has been going on since February, 1.7.0 seem to have made it widespread. I have returned my headphone twice already and got new ones, and still get the same issue after the app automatically updates it. So it's obviously not a device issue.