Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nik_HK
Contributor
Registered since

May 14, 2020

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - 1.7.0 - September 14th 2020

@bose  learn from Apple 

Apple said it would replace people's crackling AirPods Pro earphones for free after months of complaints from customers.

https://www.businessinsider.com/apple-airpods-pro-free-replacement-faulty-airpods-static-crackling-2...

Hydrocarbon
Collaborator
Registered since

Sep 4, 2020

What are they going to replace them with?

Many of the unsatisfied customers here have already received multiple exchanges.

I suspect the Bose issues are hardware related. The cost of redesigning, remanufacturing replacements and conducting exchanges would be quite significant. I expect the bean counters are doing a reputation $ loss evaluation vs conducting a replacement calculation.

Bose is not in the same league as apple as far as financing recalls 

Probably better for them to put the investment into the next design release and let time and advertising smooth over the glitch in their reputation.

Gneuh
Advocate
Registered since

Oct 14, 2020

For info:

Community manager deletes post that dare to mention a downgrade, and then send you a message that you are mean...

hmmm, censorship is not dead, I see

Simmi
Participant
Registered since

Nov 4, 2020

Battery LED indication always white

A few days ago I bought a Noise Cancelling 700, built date was 5 AUG 2019. Software was immediately updated by the Android App. 

Problem: When the battery became empty by normal use, the indication of the LED always stayed white until shut down by battery empty. Voice battery announcements where ok. The behavior of the LED is not as per Owner's guide (p.41):

"Solid white: Medium to full charge
Solid red: Low charge (Note: in the German version (p. 41) it says yellow!)
Blinks red: Need to charge"

I brought the phones back to the dealer and he gave me new ones, built on 1 JUL 2020. But the symptom is exactly the same!

Is this a known software error or are the phones defect?

Thank you!

JC-RFC
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 3, 2020

Well I updated to 1.7.0 the day I received them.

I can say that with 1.7.0 I experienced audio dropouts and static about 4-6 times per 8 hours use with one device connected (iPad Pro 2020). This was playing Spotify with downloaded content so no possible streaming issues with internet. 

I tried many times clearing devices, resetting etc but the issue remained. 

With 2 devices connected this would be noticeably worse and switching devices was not reliable either. ANC, call quality, charging hours etc all good. The crackling and audio drops however were unacceptable, especially in a product at this price. 

I reverted to 1.1.4 yesterday and after over 6 hours so far I still have not had a single glitch, drop or crackle. I have not tried any multipairing yet (though to be honest I am not that fussed by multipairing, My phone rings on my iPad so I can take calls directly and I sit my iPad next to computer for Teams meetings etc so avoid changing sound source. That’s not to say I wouldn’t like the feature to work as it should. 

I have no interest in the Equaliser, I just want stability so will be staying with 1.1.4 for now. There is definitely an issue with 1.7.0 and connection stability, crackling etc, at least with my set, but looking at this forum I would say with most. 

Gneuh
Advocate
Registered since

Oct 14, 2020

Can you provide an how to for reverting to a previous firmware, please?

Korben-Dallas
Collaborator
Registered since

Sep 22, 2020

236 post with 99% of issues described by HC 700 customers... and no answer from Bose to say « we are working hard to develop the new firmware fixing all problems ».

I am so very disappointed by Bose .. I spent a lot of money to buy these Headphones and it is too late for changing ...

No other choice than waiting a new reliable firmware to have the possibility to use my HC with 100% functionnalities..

Waiting this moment, I will use the only power I have as customer : to post my message on web social networks and To stop buying Bose products.

Hoping a positive reaction from Bose Compagny very soon..

Regards to all !

JC-RFC
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 3, 2020

Can you provide an how to for reverting to a previous firmware, please?

Best not done here, easy to find on web. 

Talk2anand.g
Enthusiast
Registered since

Mar 27, 2019

You are right.. They fix one and break many! I was lots more happier before this fu***d update!

The saddest part is BOSE don’t let us choose whether to update or not, they just sneak-in!

This time it feels like they intentionally did this to sell their unreasonable priced stupid Bluetooth dongle for BOSE 700!

madbooba
Advisor
Registered since

Mar 16, 2020

Hey, Bose...

winter_is_comming.jpg

so, better fix all the software issues maybe... hope it's not beyond you? is it?