boliao45
Enthusiast
Registered since

Sep 3, 2020

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - 1.7.0 - September 14th 2020

@Wayne_M 

What you've mentioned is totally not true, when Bose music app release 4.1.1, i noticed the firmware was downloading, and knowing that the recent bose firmware was screwed up i DID NOT press any update button and wanted to stayed with 1.3.1 forever, but later did i notice that my NC700 was automatically updated 1.7.0 again without me pressing the update button on app!! its either you do not know your product or your knowledge is based on old version of how the app used to worked and that has gotten changed without your knowledge, this is quite common looking at bose support personnel's posts in multiple other threads...

Please put in the feedback to the bose music app team to give us an option to turn off checking and downloading firmware update automatically.

Users deserved the rights to choose what they want, if and when they wanted it.

Gneuh
Advocate
Registered since

Oct 14, 2020

Sorry Wayne, 

but as other mentioned in this thread and others, the app forced the update, I never accepted any update which was forced.

You may refer to some other app versions, but it does not change the fact that the update was forced.

In any case, this is not really improving my level of confidence in anything Bose is proposing for this issue.

I will also not update to 1.8.2 after the first feedbacks, and hereby DEMAND a downgrade.

Nomed6
Collaborator
Registered since

Oct 18, 2020

@Wayne_Mas with many of the previous posts, it seems the message is not getting through, I have had the same issues re latest firmware and have posted here and many other sections of this forum, Bose your latest firmware has major connectivity issues for many. You refuse to offer downgrade to the stable 1.3 firmware. I know its an issue because I found a way to downgrade and thankfully I managed to get full functionality back on my 700s after wasting hours figuring it out. 1.3 works 1.7 does not, simple.

Offer the option to downgrade until you have a stable firmware and allow people to change firmware if and when they want too.

You are incorrect re upgrade, it does happen automatically, to the point I have removed Bose music app on my phone to prevent it upgrading.

Bose told me there would be no fix until Android 11, seems your internal communication is ineffective to the point you are all going in different directions with no real leadership on this issue, I get different answers from different teams within the Bose organization. One thing is for sure your customers are experiencing the same issues, find a better way to listen to them and work with them to resolve this, as a company you are very difficult to contact re operating issues.

Nomed6
Collaborator
Registered since

Oct 18, 2020

Further to my previous posts, I found a post where someone had tried a factory reset of their phone, Now although this is a real pain in the **bleep**, in the interests of the Bose community I decided to try it.

• Backed up phone and factory reset it.
  • Restored from backup (excluding the Bose music app), then spent hours logging back into all my apps and finalize phone settings
  • Installed the previously removed Bose music app.
  • Updated NC700’s to firmware 1.8.2 via BTU/installer webpage.

Initial findings are the headphones now work without the re boot (cycling on and off) issue I had previously on firmware 1.7.0, no buzzing, only issue is a notification headphone battery is 10%, chose to ignore this as phone reporting 15hrs.

I have not tried connecting to two Bluetooth devices as yet.

The Bose music app now connects to headphones, (did not previously) and all functions of both app and headphones work.

It would appear when headphones or app are updated there appears to be a piece of software or code on the phone that needs deleting and this is not happening, causing the issue with connection once firmware update beyond 1.3.1 has taken place. Factory reset of phone must remove this.

So in summary two options to fix the buzzing cycling on/off connectivity issue-

• Downgrade headphone firmware to 1.3.1 which is not readily available to customers
  • Factory reset your phone each time the headphones update which is totally unacceptable.

Bose you need to up your game and get on top of this issue, Customers should not have to waste hours on a top product trying to solve this themselves, it should just work.

@Wayne_M for your info

Current set up is as below, previously the only way I could get headphones to work at all was to downgrade to firmware 1.3.1. PM me if you need further info.

Samsung S10 on android 10 updated two days ago

NC700 firmware currently 1.8.2-11524+eof7590

Bose music app 4.1.1

madbooba
Advisor
Registered since

Mar 16, 2020

@Nomed6  'Updated NC700’s to firmware 1.8.2' ? Is not the 1.7.0 the latest firmware version for 700's?

code72
Participant
Registered since

Nov 22, 2020

Yes, who wants to try? 😁

Schermata 2020-11-22 alle 17.02.00.png

code72
Participant
Registered since

Nov 22, 2020

I'm crossing my fingers...

Schermata 2020-11-22 alle 17.10.21.png

Nomed6
Collaborator
Registered since

Oct 18, 2020

Hi @madbooba Initially I tried 1.8.2 before resetting phone, I had the same issue as with 1.7.0, boot loop on /off buzzing etc. 1.8.2 did not fix the issue.

If anyone wants to try it go right ahead it won't make them any more useless!! But I doubt it will fix the issue we have been experiencing.

Nasalhair
Enthusiast
Registered since

May 23, 2020

Well I actually bought a new phone (it was time - I didn't just do it as an expensive experiment), connected my NC700 headphones via Bluetooth, upgraded them to 1.7 and the reboots continued, so it's definitely not related to the phone. Reverted to 1.3 and the NC700s are rock solid. 

Gneuh
Advocate
Registered since

Oct 14, 2020

@Nasalhair So you can confirm that the way to go is a downgrade... Thanks for your time and effort to test.

@bose , @Wayne_M , any comments on downgrade?