Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Jul 4, 2020

Re: Noise Cancelling 7bateria00 Firmware Update - 1.7.0 - September 14th 2020

F... the NC 700. I really liked them and wanted them to actually work. 3rd pair returned!!!!

Went with the new Midnight Blue Sony WH-1000XM4. Couldn't be happier!!!! They look and sound awesome!

But I kept my Bose QuietComfort NC Earbuds. They work great and sound awesome too. Hope that Bose doesn't f.. them with a pos firmware in the future. 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 30, 2020

Re: Noise Cancelling 7bateria00 Firmware Update - 1.7.0 - September 14th 2020

This issues have been going on for months now. Hundreds of messages. No reply or action from Bose. The admins, like @Wayne_M , have just disappeared.

What didn't disappear is the boot loop that still persists when connected with two devices (MacBook Pro 2018 and OnePlus 7T here).

The stuttering persists. 

@bose silence also persists.

Can you please pretend that you care for your customers and tell us that you are actively trying to fix this issue? Or else just say that you don't give a **bleep** about who buys your ultra-premium paperweights. At least your intentions would be explicit.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 30, 2020

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - 1.7.0 - September 14th 2020

Hi

as problem continues with bluetooth connectivity when BOSE will release a final solution?  The headphones are expensive a quality product is expected from BOSE.

Regards

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 4, 2020

I have a feeling that Bose are not going to be able to sort this one out. The nc700s have been out for a while now and their firmware updates don't seem to have come close. I suspect there are inherent compatibility issues with many devices and hardware factors that will not be rectified with further firmware updates.

I would have thought the brand and reputation damage that is occurring would have prompted a higher priority and a quicker result if it was possible.

It would not surprise me if they hasten the release of a new model hopefully with issues resolved.

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Oct 14, 2020

Great... I had somehow managed to prevent the update up to now, but I had to change settings in the app, and the update was forced.

Now, the SOLE real advantage compared with the SOny, namely the noise filtering in microphone, has been DRAMATICALLY worsened.

F*** it, Sony, here I come

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 27, 2019

Hello Wayne

i would like to add my name to the list of those for whom this update has fixed neither the incorrect battery level reading, nor the stuttering audio issue (if anything, it’s exacerbated it).

I have tested them on both my iPads (2nd and 4th generation iPad Pros - both running iPadOS 14.1), my Galaxy S10 (running Android 11) and my 2017 MacBook Pro (running MacOS 10.15.7) and the issue is consistent across all my devices. 

Has this update fixed either/both issues for anyone…? I can confirm that they do seem to be more willing to connect to the Music app now (never had an issue connecting them via Bluetooth in Settings or System Prefs), but that’s the only issue the update has fixed. 

I just wish they had a longer battery life (and that I could afford a second set so I had one to use whilst the other is charging) as they are in almost constant use, as I’m currently in an extremely stressful situation (and I can’t see me getting out if it any time soon), and music is the about only thing keeping me sane (the only legal thing at least). This is a psychiatric unit and I’m not mentally ill (I’m autistic and I have dyspraxia - and it’s hypersensitivity hell in here, I’m terrified of anything going wrong with these because I can’t be without them!)

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Oct 14, 2020

Hi Gaia,

If you are using headphones with noise cancelling for your specific environment for music "only" (I mean that you are not really focused on the microphone quality), and you are worried about battery life, I would really advise other headphones.

Honestly, I tried in parallel the NC 700, the Surface, and the Sony wh1000xm3. 

My conclusions were:

*The Surface is far behind the Bose and the Sony,

*The Sony is slightly better than the Bose on Noise cancelling (by a very slight margin)

*The Bose has a much better microphone,

*The Sony is better for music and has a much better battery life

I chose the Bose (before this firmware update) due to the microphone to use it professionally, but as far I understand your "requirements", The Sony may be a nice alternative (and I had no problem whatsoever with Sony app).

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 1, 2020

I have the same issue wi th mic, after the latest FW update. Not able to use them for phonecalls when I'm outside. Is it possible to downgrade the firmware?

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Oct 14, 2020

Come on Bose,

you have hundreds of people requiring the possibility of downgrade, because you are not able to provide a satisfactory solution, and you simply IGNORE it.

That's what I call service (irony detected?)

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 27, 2019

Right and are you going to buy them for me…?! Because I don’t have £350 to spare to spend on yet another set of cans. I’m disabled and I can’t work, and being where I am the government takes most of your disability money from you. 

Most of my things have been gifts, or I have been fortunate to have rebates from the government (because they underpaid my disability money). Now, I have nothing. 

I didn’t know I was going to end up in here. Right now I’m very frightened and scared, and not coping. This is the last thing I effing need.